We are PUBG, the global battle royale phenomenon! After the release of our flagship title in 2017 we have become one of the highest selling games of all time with over 70 million copies sold – that’s a lot of Chicken Dinners! We are now incredibly excited to be recruiting for our new Unannounced Project.
We are headquartered in Seoul, South Korea and sit within the KRAFTON, Inc. corporation. From our Amsterdam office, we cover Europe, Middle East & Africa, and the CIS region, and have teams dedicated to Game Development, Product Management, Esports, Content, Communications, Creative, Merchandise, HR and more.
Our office is situated in the Amsterdam Arena area, a buzzing business hub in the southeastern part of the city. Accommodating some of the world’s largest and most exciting companies, the area also transforms at night into a popular social destination. Not far from our office, you’ll find iconic venues such as the Ziggo Dome, Heineken Music Hall and Johan Cruijff Arena – home of Ajax Football Club.
Our Amsterdam team reflects the city’s diverse look and feel. Being mainly expats, we currently represent more than 20 different nationalities – and we are still growing and adding to our team.
As the Art Director you will work with the Game Director and Exec Producer in establishing the art strategy and roadmaps for our new project.
Basic Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall art direction of the project, ensuring the project stays true to its original artistic vision
- To develop and oversee a clear, consistent art style that enables the game’s storylines and concepts
- Execute timely internal reviews on color schemes, lighting, mood, etc. of game assets in the production
- Provide creative support to brand marketing team to align marketing, maintaining brand consistency and creating brand campaigns and live shops for products and brand universes
- Responsible for the relationships & output of external agencies and parties
- Final approval of assets
- Developing and overseeing key artwork & concepts
- Leading the art team through the project; giving them guidance, support and feedback
- Help preparing and executing investor and green light presentations, alone or together with the project teams
What we’re looking for:
- An accomplished art director with experience working on at least one AAA title
- A deep understanding of game development and working with creative talent
- Excellent digital illustration and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles as well as create new and diverse ones
- An excellent communicator capable of putting together captivating presentations and selling people on the aspirations of the project
- A flexible and adaptive problem solver
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- A genuine passion or video games
- Fine art or design education background
- Experience with brand direction and marketing
- Experience in one or more 3D sculpting applications (Zbrush, Mudbox, 3DCoat, Sculptris ...)
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- An allowance to cover the Dutch mandatory health insurance
- 25 paid + 4 extra paid working days off a year
- Relocation package
- Pension scheme
- A commuter allowance
- A range of snacks & drinks
- Free gym facility in our office building
- Full assistance with visas and the 30% ruling applications when the candidate is eligible
If this sounds like a good fit for your skills and experience then apply right away!