Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Psyonix is searching for an experienced Senior Outsourcing Artist to support and supervise creative content provided by outsource partners. The Senior Outsourcing Artist will provide front-line creative feedback for work submitted for review.
The ideal candidate would be a talented artist who is able to communicate with outsource partners, including documenting existing pipelines, collecting or creating quality bar and technical example assets, collecting photo reference, creating asset blockouts, creating simple blockout paint overs, and finally packaging all files to send off to the external artists.
In this role, you will
- Work with the Art Leads and Director level to establish visual direction for our outsourcing vendors
- Collect or generate detailed documentation, video reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Clearly communicating feedback to the outsource partner, and ensuring those creative notes and goals are met. Informing leadership in the event that isn’t happening.
- Communicate cross-discipline with artists, level designers, game designers, and production to understand needs and goals of props being created
- Make any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and technically game ready as they’re handed off from the outsource partner.
- Provide prototype meshes with accurate scale and pivot placement, with understanding of the technical constraints, including vert count management, material setup, and PBR texture creation.
What we're looking for
- Experience in shipping AAA titles across multiple platforms.
- Experienced shipping production assets for games.
- Strong understanding of latest toolsets in game art creation, including but not limited to, Unreal Engine, Substance Painter, Marmoset, Perforce, and 3D modeling packages.
- A keen understanding of technical hurdles, ability to autonomously make choices to further art quality, and excellent communication skills are a must
- You’re user-focused, passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.