Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
SERVER ENGINEER - ROCKET LEAGUE
What You'll Do
Psyonix, an independent video game developer located in downtown San Diego, is looking for a qualified Server Engineer to join our team.
In This Role You Will
- Design, implement, and maintain scalable, high performance back end management tools
- Perform deployments using a mixture of custom and industry standard tools
- Develop automation, management, and monitoring tools
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Work closely with other teams, including technical and non-technical personnel
What We're Looking For
- Experience architecting, writing and debugging systems
- Experience with MySQL databases, REST APIs, and web services
- Comfortable with Linux command line, tools, and Bash scripting
- Ability to write and maintain technical design documentation
- Ability to verbally communicate complex technical information
- Familiarity with AWS and Google Cloud CLI tools and administration
- Experience with any of the following: (Golang, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Redis, C#, PHP, Ansible)
- Data analysis skills
- Experience with operation of a live service title or equivalent experience running highly scalable production infrastructure
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.