Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a talented Web Developer to join our team. You will work closely with our existing web development team to support our marketing-focused web presence. Our ideal candidate must be collaborative and self-driven.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with the Sr. Web Developer to develop, maintain, support, and enhance all aspects of Psyonix’s web presence.
- Work with a headless CMS platform to create workflows for editors to add and update content from the back end, and develop and maintain pixel perfect front end templates based on design compositions and marketing needs.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Creative Media, Communications, Support, and Esports teams to update and maintain a functional and appealing web presence with uniform branding and messaging that ensures great user experience.
- Ensure all customer-facing websites adhere to best practices and coding standards to deliver a consistent user experience across the most common internet browsers and devices.
- Integrate projects with in-house and third party web applications and services via APIs.
- Monitor site updates submitted by web editors for appropriate content and layout, including localized contexts. Provide support and training to editors when necessary.
- Troubleshoot any reliability or performance issues.
- Attend team and project meetings; contribute to creative and collaborative discussions.
What we're looking for
- Comprehensive understanding of high traffic marketing websites
- Superb multitasking, time-management, and communication skills
- Fluent with modern, headless CMS systems
- Understanding of mobile-first responsive web design and best practices
- Experience with CSS frameworks such as Foundation and Bootstrap
- Ability to create web ready assets from a PSD file
- Understanding of version control systems such as Git
- A passionate understanding of Rocket League, Psyonix, Epic Games, and our products
- Familiarity with RESTful web services / APIs with and without framework assistance
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and GTM
- Familiarity with Elixir and Phoenix framework also a plus
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.