Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Gameplay Programmer to implement and maintain gameplay systems in Rocket League and future projects.
In This Role You Will
- Design and create technical specifications for major gameplay features and systems
- Work closely with fellow programmers, artists, and designers to create and iterate on game features
- Use strong critical thinking to problem solve and debug programs
- Contribute unique, personal ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Optimize and maintain existing game systems
- Ensure quality using modern development techniques such as test automation and continuous integration
What We're Looking For
- 3 years of professional game development experience
- Experience as primary architect of at least one core gameplay system
- Strong skills in C++ and experience with scripting languages
- Experience working on a live service or online multiplayer game
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience working with any of the current generation of consoles
- Must be a strong collaborator willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Passionate about personal development and takes advantage of opportunities to continuously improve
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice To Have Skills
- Unreal Engine
- Visual Studio
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.