Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
Psyonix is seeking an Audio Lead to work on future projects. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has worked in a senior or lead level Audio Gaming position previously, has experience with a live game, and can thrive in a fast paced environment. Our culture is one of bringing unique ideas to reality, fostering collaboration, creativity and ownership across various disciplines, and through our close relationship with Unreal, pushing the bar wherever possible. Our ideal candidate must be self motivated and collaborative.
In This Role You Will
- Help raise the quality level of audio in all Epic game titles and technologies
- Push the development of audio features and integration for future Unreal audio engine development through Psyonix’s high profile game titles
- Evangelize Unreal Engine as a leader in the interactive audio space by developing and sharing cutting edge creative and technical audio techniques with the broader game development community
- Lead a small team of audio professionals to success while maintaining a high quality bar
What We're Looking For
- A seasoned game audio veteran with a proven track record of creating compelling industry leading audio experiences with excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process.
- Demonstrated ability to create best in class sounds across various styles and aesthetics.
- Mastery over the entire sound creation process from field/studio recording, editing, designing, to implementation, debugging, and runtime systems.
- Previous experience in early development, or multiple full cycles of pre-production through ship on an AAA scale game.
- You are passionate about games and able to discuss and deconstruct other current games’ audio quality and implementation.
- ‘Out-of-the-box’ thinker with a track record of innovative solutions and productive collaboration with engineering and product management teams.
- Experience implementing complex interactive audio systems, preferably in multiple engines/middlewares.
- Ability to build plans and lead a team of audio professionals to success on a project
- Strong self-management, organizational and problem solving skills, ability to work independently while having a great team player attitude.
Nice To Have Skills
- Music skills are a plus, but we are NOT looking for composers
- Programming skills are a plus but not required
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!