Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
Rocket League has gone mobile. Sideswipe is our brand new socCAR game experience (see what we did there?) in the palm of your hand. Take the excitement of Rocket League anywhere you want and play against your opponents wherever you find yourself. But we can’t do it alone! We need a UI Engineer to help build the very best in mobile gaming experiences.
In This Role You Will
- Be the owner of all the front end UI and UX engineering
- Build functional designs and architecture for our mobile gaming experience
- Work with designers and other engineers to tether systems and UI together
- Help craft prototypes and other testable in-game experiences
- Design standards and best practices for our first mobile experience
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years working in games
- A foundational understanding of C++, Blueprint, Unreal Engine 4 and UMG
- Great communication and problem-solving skills
- A drive to jump in with both hands to create unique solutions
- An understanding of the mobile game space - requirements, certifications, and limitations
- An aptitude for flourishes and animations. It is Rocket League, after all!
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees can enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge in studios - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!