Turn your passion for collecting into a career at Collectors Universe. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (Wata), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. If you’re a collectibles enthusiast, or if you want to help us in leading the global expansion of the collectibles market through our values of integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
Turn your passion for collecting into a career at Collectors Universe. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (Wata Games), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. If you’re a collectibles enthusiast, or if you want to help us in leading the global expansion of the collectibles market through our values of integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking a collaborative and results-oriented Director of Total Rewards to join our HR team. The successful candidate will be responsible for Collector Universe’s compensation, equity, and benefits programs and communication with an emphasis on increasing employee understanding and engagement while maintaining internal equity and external market competitiveness. In this role, you will oversee processes and projects related to total rewards and partner closely with CU Leadership to ensure that all programs support our business objectives . As the first person in this new role, you’ll have the opportunity to build our compensation philosophy and framework to support our growing organization.
This role is based out of Santa Ana, California.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide leadership and direction to evaluate, modify and maintain CU’s Total Rewards offerings to ensure a competitive compensation, equity, and benefits strategy
- Create our compensation philosophy and design a Total Rewards program in alignment with the company’s objectives, initiatives and budget guidelines
- Ensure that the administration, budgeting, and communication of programs are well executed and contribute to a positive employee experience
- Manage Stock Plan Administration to ensure that all equity-based transactions are conducted efficiently and correctly, including stock grants & vesting, exercise of stock grants and accurate accounting of stock activity
- Own our compensation market data and lead survey submissions
- Collaborate with HRIS Manager to implement compensation modules in our HRIS, Workday
- Partner with the Finance team to ensure that appropriate financial controls are in place for all merit-based and incentive-based compensation programs, as well as for evaluating and analyzing cost implications of current and proposed plans
- Ensure high quality data management through internal controls and audits
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years experience in Compensation, Equity Administration, and Benefits
- Demonstrated experience in managing Total Rewards processes and programs
- Expertise in policy design and understanding of all pertinent regulations
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of all aspects of administering equity based programs, including accounting, tax and legal implications
- Strong and proven people manager
- A team player and a “can do attitude”, with the ability to forge strong relationships with CU employees and external partners
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor communications style across internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority.
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balanced by an appreciation for complexity and risk
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in working through complex transactions, with the ability to analyze, problem solve, and communicate observations and recommendations
- Strong business acumen along with ability to quickly learn and understand the financials and operational levers of the business
- Demonstrated project management skills and a track record of success in bringing highly complex, cross-functional projects to completio
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
About Collectors Universe
Collectors Universe, Inc. is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectorsuniverse.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.