Turn your passion for collecting into a career at Collectors Universe. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (Wata), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. If you’re a collectibles enthusiast, or if you want to help us in leading the global expansion of the collectibles market through our values of integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
We are currently hiring a General Manager for an exciting, fast-paced business in the world of sports and entertainment collectibles. This opportunity requires an experienced leader, one who has an independent spirit, favors making an impact, and who is capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
The role requires a solid understanding of operational processes and how to maximize the customer experience. You’ll be responsible for every major business decision related to the division, from employee needs to process improvement. A successful executive will be able to provide strong vision and direction for the team, while fostering bottom-up participation from all levels of the organization. The right candidate will have a blend of operations, customer service, and leadership with a technology mindset.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a best-in-class organization and grow the division to new heights through process improvements, tech upgrades and new products and acquisitions.
- Own the P&L and set ambitious growth goals, then tirelessly work to exceed them.
- Lead all things related to people, processes and systems to design operational strategy and push execution with the goal of continuously working to build and scale rapid growth to deliver important products and services to our customers and partners.
- Be the face of the business, which includes focusing on growing new clients and revenues; marketing, product, and service innovation to transform membership experience.
- Set clear goals for quality, customer experience and productivity, and successfully deliver on them.
- Help to define and launch new products.
Who you are:
- 10-12+ years of experience running and scaling a business or business unit as a general manager and/or head of operations.
- Independent self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments, is comfortable with a very high level of responsibility and has a proven track record of dreaming up big ideas and going from conception to production.
- Ability to set and drive implementation of key initiatives, and partner with key functions to drive successful execution and implementation of strategic priorities.
- Ability to think strategically and challenge status quo.
- Talented at building close relationships with others – internal and external, with demonstrated leadership abilities and experience in motivating and inspiring a team to hit aspirational targets
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
About Collectors Universe
Collectors Universe, Inc. is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectorsuniverse.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email email@example.com.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.