Turn your passion for collecting into a career at Collectors Universe. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (Wata), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. If you’re a collectibles enthusiast, or if you want to help us in leading the global expansion of the collectibles market through our values of integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer for the PSA (Professional Sports Authenticator) brand. You’ll work on a cross-functional scrum team of engineers, product managers, designers, and QA to develop easily testable and understandable solutions for internal and external use.
This is a flexible, hybrid remote role based out of Santa Ana, CA.
What You’ll Do:
- Help to set a high-bar on code quality by writing thorough tests, conducting code reviews, creating robust documentation, etc.
- Solve complex problems and provide elegant solutions
- Troubleshoot software issues and debug a large codebase
Who You Are:
- We are hiring at all levels. Minimum of 2+ years of total experience developing, with 1-2 relevant industry experience building professional applications; more experienced candidates encouraged to apply
- Possess strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills with the ability to visualize and document processes
- Knowledgeable about algorithms, data structures, and best practices
- Understanding of how to create modular APIs and have a solid understanding of what a good backend looks like
- Proficient at using appropriate security, testing, documentation, and/or monitoring best practices
Collectors Universe is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) is the largest and most trusted third-party trading card authentication and grading company in the world. Since its inception in 1991, PSA has certified over 40 million cards and collectibles with a cumulative declared value of over a billion dollars. PSA is a division of Collectors Universe, Inc. For more information, visit www.PSAcard.com.
About Collectors Universe
Collectors Universe, Inc. is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectorsuniverse.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.