Turn your passion for collecting into a career at Collectors Universe. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (Wata), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. If you’re a collectibles enthusiast, or if you want to help us in leading the global expansion of the collectibles market through our values of integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Cash Applications Clerk to join our Accounts Receivable and Collections team to apply customer payments to customer orders in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Critical skills include familiarity with accounts receivable processes, troubleshooting skills, strong Microsoft Excel skills, and the ability to interface effectively with operations and customer service departments.
You’ll report to the A/R and Collections Supervisor and work from our Sana Ana, CA office.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply customer payments to their accounts accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Prepare daily bank deposit by using a scanner and then posting to the appropriate customer order.
- Process customer credit card payments in accordance with company policy.
- Reconcile payments to ensure proper application.
- Maintain files, including scanning documents to electronic files.
- Troubleshoot problem orders and accounting holds.
- Create, maintain/track, and close show order projects.
- Resolve customer short payments by contacting the customer via email and phone.
- Occasional travel required.
Who You Are:
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Organized and solution-oriented, with excellent time management skills.
- A proven team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including MS Excel & Outlook.
- Positive attitude
- 2-5 years of cash application, accounts receivable or related experience in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Accounting Certificate or Associate Degree preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Bending neck
- Bending waist
- Hand Use
- Lifting 10-15 pounds
- Carrying 10-15 pounds
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
About Collectors Universe
Collectors Universe, Inc. is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectorsuniverse.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.