Médicos Sin Fronteras en México A.C.
to work in the INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN MISSIONS
To join our team in International Projects
(Minimum availability of 6 months)
*** Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English ***
THIS JOB PROFILE IS IN ENGLISH SINCE THIS IS THE REQUIRED LANGUAGE FOR THE JOB
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to electricity according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Logistics / Technical Logistics Coordinator, planning, establishing and reviewing the electrical activities in the mission/project, including its annual budget, in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of the electrical activity in the project ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the development of the ongoing programmes. This entails the following:
- Ensuring that the electrical installations in the project are up to the level of the Technical Department, prioritizing personnel and equipment security and optimization of energy consumption based on real filed needs
- Providing a technical proposal to improve the installations and bring them up to the level recommended by the Technical Department
- Guaranteeing the setup of the recommendations and establishing the electrical records for the mission in order to ensure the compliance of the installations to said recommendations e.g. power demand analysis and working principle of the installation
- Participates in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities pertaining to his area
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and providing coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job descriptio
- Identifying, defining and implementing solutions and strategies that reduce the environmental footprint of the electrical installations in the mission/projects. These strategies englobe not only technical solutions but also how the electrical installations are used, maintained and managed.
Education and formation
• Essential secondary education and technical diploma or technical university degree, preferably as an engineer
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
• People Management and Development
• Commitment to MSF Principles
• Behavioural Flexibility
• Results and Quality Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
Work Venue: Where the needs of the project require it
Profits: Monthly remuneration: in the first 12 months, the bonus approximate gross monthly is USD $1,500. From the second year remuneration increases based on experience (previous and acquired) and the level of responsibility in the field. Private insurance coverage that includes medical coverage and hospital, temporary disability and life insurance. The organization also has an arranged medical evacuation if necessary. The expenses of stay in the land are covered: housing, basic services, cleaning and washing. Other expenses such as transportation, visas, transfer to the country of destination and Displacements in the field will also be covered by MSF. Per diem or monthly per diem: mainly to cover meals and small personal expenses.
Start: Depending on the needs of the project
Duration: Minimum 6 months
Working day: Full time
HOW TO APPLY
***Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English***
The vacancy remains open all year round due to the needs within the Humanitarian Missions
To learn more about life within Humanitarian Missions, we invite you to enter the following link: https://www.msf.mx/proyectos-internacionales