Médicos Sin Fronteras en México A.C.
to work in INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN MISSIONS
To join our team in International Projects
(Minimum availability of 6 months)
*** Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English ***
THIS JOB PROFILE IS IN ENGLISH SINCE THIS IS THE REQUIRED LANGUAGE FOR THE JOB
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Providing outpatient and/or inpatient paediatric care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the new-born and child/beneficiaries health conditions
- Applying medical knowledge and skills to prevention, diagnosis and treatment of children, ensuring integrated new-born and paediatric care through Emergency, OPD, and IPD services in New-borns and cases of malnutrition. Prescribing the necessary treatment, respecting MSF protocols.
- Collaborating closely with the different department of the hospital (e.g. Maternity), knowing and ensuring all updated MSF medical protocols and universal precautions are followed and implemented, reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.
- As an expert in paediatrics, he/she will propose strategies (modification on current new-born and paediatric care management) and implement them after the validation of the Operation and Paediatric Advisor.
- Ensuring on-going new-born and paediatric training (formal and bedside) of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the new-born and paediatric quality of care. Reviewing and discussing selected complicated cases or mistakes and giving technical input.
- Keeping patients and their families informed of the illness and the treatment to follow, checking that they have been understood. Ensuring professional autonomy and confidentiality are respected and a good attitude and proper bedside manner towards the patient and their care takers and the rest of the medical team.
- Following up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Monitoring the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material and addresses the list of the missing item for new-born and paediatric activities. Providing inputs about general organization of the different paediatric wards, including the admission, transfer and discharge criteria + referral procedure from Maternity and post-delivery wards
- Checking and controlling the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and taking care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assuring general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participating in the introduction / improvement of the collection and analysis of epidemiological new-born and paediatric data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problems or complications of the patient’s illness and medical errors. Collecting Clinical cases for further trainings and list a series of comments to improve the current MSF protocols
- Managing the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Designing and providing training to staff as required.
- Debriefing with coordination, Headquarter (including Paediatric Advisor) and providing written report on main findings, activities, conclusions and further recommendations.
Education and formation
• Medicine degree with a specialty in pediatrics
English as primary language (B1-B2 level)
Knowledge of French will be an asset
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
• Updates his / her knowledge before each mission, according to the most updated MSF new-born and paediatric protocols
• People Management and Development
• Commitment to MSF principles
• Behavioural Flexibility
• Results and Quality Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
Work Venue: Where the needs of the project require it
Profits: Monthly remuneration: in the first 12 months, the bonus approximate gross monthly is USD $1,500. From the second year remuneration increases based on experience (previous and acquired) and the level of responsibility in the field. Private insurance coverage that includes medical coverage and hospital, temporary disability and life insurance. The organization also has an arranged medical evacuation if necessary. The expenses of stay in the land are covered: housing, basic services, cleaning and washing. Other expenses such as transportation, visas, transfer to the country of destination and Displacements in the field will also be covered by MSF. Per diem or monthly per diem: mainly to cover meals and small personal expenses.
Start Depending on the needs of the project
Duration: Minimum 6 months
Working day: Full time
HOW TO APPLY
***Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English***
The vacancy remains open all year round due to the needs within the Humanitarian Missions
To learn more about life within Humanitarian Missions, we invite you to enter the following link: https://www.msf.mx/proyectos-internacionales