Médicos Sin Fronteras en México A.C.
to work in INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN MISSIONS
To join our team in International Projects
(Minimum availability of 6 months)
*** Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English ***
THIS JOB PROFILE IS IN ENGLISH SINCE THIS IS THE REQUIRED LANGUAGE FOR THE JOB
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The emergency doctor supervises the operation of the Emergency Service, from the admission to the discharge of the patients, according to the objectives of the project and in relation to the other services of the hospital.
As an ER physician, you are responsible for providing the best medical care to the patient and are involved in the triage system, patient flow, and protocol implementation.
It guarantees the training and supervision of national personnel. For the purposes of knowledge transfer, the training consists of both theoretical and head training to ensure a gradual transfer of responsibilities.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills for diagnosis and prevention. Carry out outpatient and hospital consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and their family informed about the disease and give appropriate explanations about the treatment to be followed, verifying that they have understood it.
- Monitor the evolution of hospitalized patients / IDP through daily visits, consultations and exams. Prescribe the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding in collaboration with other doctors whether patients should be discharged or transferred to other departments, and informing their families about the patient's progress.
- Verify and control under his responsibility the rational distribution of medicines and equipment, and take care of the quality, disinfection and sterilization of medical equipment. Ensure compliance with hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epistemological data, verifying the validity and informing the person in charge or coordinator of the field about any problem or complication in the patient's illness, or medical error. Controls the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure continuous training of the multidisciplinary medical / paramedical team to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures that all MSF medical protocols are still being implemented, verifying that universal precautions are followed at all times, reducing risks of biohazard and improving infection control. Ensures that professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manages the team under his responsibility in accordance with MSF's HR policies and procedures, supervising its performance, organizing and planning shifts and rotations, and directly participating in emergencies or calls if necessary.
Education and formation
• Essential: Title as General Physician
• Essential: Title as a specialist in Emergency Medicine
English as primary language (B1-B2 level)
Knowledge of French will be an asset
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
• Commitment to the principles of MSF
• Behavioral flexibility
• Stress management
• Orientation to results and quality
• Teamwork and cooperation
Work Venue: Where the needs of the project require it
Profits: Monthly remuneration: in the first 12 months, the bonus approximate gross monthly is USD $1,500. From the second year remuneration increases based on experience (previous and acquired) and the level of responsibility in the field. Private insurance coverage that includes medical coverage and hospital, temporary disability and life insurance. The organization also has an arranged medical evacuation if necessary. The expenses of stay in the land are covered: housing, basic services, cleaning and washing. Other expenses such as transportation, visas, transfer to the country of destination and Displacements in the field will also be covered by MSF. Per diem or monthly per diem: mainly to cover meals and small personal expenses.
Start: Depending on the needs of the project
Duration: Minimum 6 months
Working day: Full time
HOW TO APPLY
***Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English***
The vacancy remains open all year round due to the needs within the Humanitarian Missions
To learn more about life within Humanitarian Missions, we invite you to enter the following link: https://www.msf.mx/proyectos-internacionales