Médicos Sin Fronteras en México A.C.
to work in INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN MISSIONS
To join our team in International Projects
(Minimum availability of 6 months)
*** Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English ***
THIS JOB PROFILE IS IN ENGLISH SINCE THIS IS THE REQUIRED LANGUAGE FOR THE JOB
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Organize and carry out surgery activities, ensure pre and post-operative surgical care, in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with medical staff in the emergency, intensive wards and operation theatre in order to improve patients’ health conditions.
- Coordinates the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols ( antibiotic prophylaxis, post-operative pain management, thrombo-prophylaxis, caesarean section, blood transfusion, etc) and recommendations (standard hygiene and sterilization rules, prevention to HIV, TB, Syphilis and Hep B exposure) in order to minimize clinical risks.
- Undertake pre-operative consultations, evaluating the surgical risks with the anaesthetist and/or other medical staff involved, and obtaining the patient’s signed consent to operate.
- Carry out emergency and programmed surgical intervention following MSF protocols and policies including swab counts, ensuring appropriate use of surgical equipment and proper OT registry entry/documentation of all OT intervention.
- Carry out post-operative clinical care and ward rounds collaborating with the anesthetist, the Operating Theatre Nurse and ward staff or other Unit Managers to ensure compliance with MSF protocols and rational use of medicines. Attend OPD, emergency room when required.
- In collaboration with the anaesthetist, carry-out the collection and analysis of quantitative surgical- anaesthesia data, using post-operative observation sheets, routine data collected, patient files, operating department register, patient file, etc to monitor quality. Monthly revue data and analyze clinical trends and comment on adverse events / poor clinical outcome. Support organizing the operating program and with OT staff monitor use of material and equipment and advise on instrument needs and coordinates patient referral.,
- Put in place the emergency disaster response plan of the hospital along with the anesthetist and the medical doctor and /or the responsible nurse and run role hospital practical rehearsals, in order to ensure the continuity of the services under any circumstance
- Knows and helps implement the accidental blood exposure policy.
- Plan, evaluate, and supervise the training of the staff (emergency and the out-patient teams) in order to ensure the amount of knowledge required and to improve people diagnosing, triage, and early detection capabilities.
- Supports other medical teams/wards when needed (i.e. midwifes and obstetric teams in the maternity ward, etc.)
Education and formation
• Essential, diploma in surgical specialty recognized by the State.
English as primary language (B1 or B2 level minimum)
Knowledge of French will be an asset
• Computer literacy essential
• People Management
Work Venue: Where the needs of the project require it
Profits: Monthly remuneration: in the first 12 months, the bonus approximate gross monthly is USD $1,500. From the second year remuneration increases based on experience (previous and acquired) and the level of responsibility in the field. Private insurance coverage that includes medical coverage and hospital, temporary disability and life insurance. The organization also has an arranged medical evacuation if necessary. The expenses of stay in the land are covered: housing, basic services, cleaning and washing. Other expenses such as transportation, visas, transfer to the country of destination and Displacements in the field will also be covered by MSF. Per diem or monthly per diem: mainly to cover meals and small personal expenses.
Start: Depending on the needs of the project
Duration: Minimum 6 months
Working day: Full time
HOW TO APPLY
***Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English***
The vacancy remains open all year round due to the needs within the Humanitarian Missions
To learn more about life within Humanitarian Missions, we invite you to enter the following link: https://www.msf.mx/proyectos-internacionales