Médicos Sin Fronteras en México A.C.
to work in INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN MISSIONS
To join our team in International Projects
(Minimum availability of 6 months)
*** Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English ***
THIS JOB PROFILE IS IN ENGLISH SINCE THIS IS THE REQUIRED LANGUAGE FOR THE JOB
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
- Ensuring the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC 1 and CEmONC 2), neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- Where PMTCT is implemented, ensuring implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling
- Collaborating with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensuring hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Performing cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Guaranteeing a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Properly following up all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensuring patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Supervising that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols , as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc
- Participatingin the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
- According to MSF protocols in force, conduct normal deliveries independently Manage obstetric emergencies; identify cases needing referral and send them in time, clean up the newborn, executing and registering first neo-natal medical acts (cutting and cleaning the umbilical cord, vaccination, etc.), detecting possible anomalies/infections of the newborn and reporting them to the doctor, in order to ensure successful interventionsSupervises the use of drugs, facilities and obstetric material, in order to ensure, in accordance with number of patients and prescriptions, a rational use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated, kept under appropriate conditions and above minimum safety point. 1 BEmONC = basic emergency obstetric and neonatal care = Administration of antibiotics, oxytocics, anticonvulsants, manual removal of the placenta, removal of retained products following abortion, assisted vaginal delivery, preferably with vacuum extractor and newborn care including neonatal resuscitation. 2 CEmONC = comprehensive obstetric and neonatal care = the full package of BEmONC Plus; surgery (caesarean section, hysterectomy, laparatomy), safe blood transfusion and care to sick and low birth weight newborns
Education and formation
• Essential midwifery qualification or specialization or
• Desired Bachelor in Midwifery or
• Nurse with gynaecology specialization
English as primary language (B1-B2 level)
Knowledge of French will be an asset
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Work Venue: Where the needs of the project require it
Profits: Monthly remuneration: in the first 12 months, the bonus approximate gross monthly is USD $1,500. From the second year remuneration increases based on experience (previous and acquired) and the level of responsibility in the field. Private insurance coverage that includes medical coverage and hospital, temporary disability and life insurance. The organization also has an arranged medical evacuation if necessary. The expenses of stay in the land are covered: housing, basic services, cleaning and washing. Other expenses such as transportation, visas, transfer to the country of destination and Displacements in the field will also be covered by MSF. Per diem or monthly per diem: mainly to cover meals and small personal expenses.
Start: Depending on the needs of the project
Duration: Minimum 6 months
Working day: Full time
***Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English***
The vacancy remains open all year round due to the needs within the Humanitarian Missions
To learn more about life within Humanitarian Missions, we invite you to enter the following link: https://www.msf.mx/proyectos-internacionales