Médicos Sin Fronteras en México A.C.
to work in INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN MISSIONS
To join our team in International Projects
(Minimum availability of 6 months)
*** Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English ***
THIS JOB PROFILE IS IN ENGLISH SINCE THIS IS THE REQUIRED LANGUAGE FOR THE JOB
Responsible for MSF's operational response to the Project. In close collaboration with the capital team, define and plan the objectives and priorities of the project, identifying the health and humanitarian needs of the population, analyzing the context and humanitarian issues at stake, risks and constraints, and calculating human and financial needs. . In close collaboration with the Head of Mission, he coordinates its application in order to efficiently guarantee the objectives and improve the sanitary conditions of the population and the humanitarian situation.
- In close consultation with the Head of Mission, develops institutional contacts with national partners at the project level (civil society, civil and military authorities, local non-governmental organizations, representatives of the Ministry of Health, etc.), as well as with the media in order to obtain all the information and agreements necessary for the integration of MSF programs in the local context and to improve the knowledge of the target population of said programs.
- Monitor the political and humanitarian situation in the project region to ensure that MSF's statutes, policies and image are respected with regard to national workers, populations, authorities and partners.
- Together with the project team, assess the needs by identifying the health status of the population, by analyzing the context (environment, actors involved, negotiations for access, etc.) and the associated risks and limitations in order to define the priorities and goals and calculate the necessary material, human and financial resources.
- Propose and carry out exploration missions, in accordance with the indications of the Head of Mission, in order to better understand the context, priorities, limitations and needs of the population.
- Guarantee data collection and an epidemiological surveillance system, in agreement with the Medical Coordinator, in order to define medical and technical programs and preventive protocols for the target population.
- Direct and supervise the execution, monitoring and evaluation of the programs in collaboration with the team, collecting information and comparing it with the objectives and programs in order to control the progression and detect deviations in time and propose corrections.
- Provide reports to the coordination team on the evolution of the project and propose corrections if necessary.
- Prepare the institutional memory of the project, keep written records (and file them) during its development, in order to disseminate the achievements and improve knowledge of MSF.
- Monitor the risks and threats of the entire project or projects, documenting the situation and analyzing the consequences of political decisions or ongoing negotiations, in order to give testimony and make public the anguish of the populations.
- In coordination with the Administration Manager and the Activity Managers, plan and prepare the organizational charts, plan and distribute the tasks and workload among the teams, guide their understanding of the issues related to the Project and the Mission through meetings of periodic work and comments, in order to guarantee an efficient implementation of the resources and the achievement of the expected goals.
- Inform the field team about the instructions given by the Capital, promoting good fluid written communication, the flow of information and guaranteeing confidentiality and full compliance with medical safety and ethics regulations.
- Supervise the full application of the health and safety protocols, informing the Medical Coordination about risk behaviors, in order to guarantee safe working conditions for the project staff.
- Be responsible for the correct application of human resources policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, preparation meetings and reporting, evaluation, potential, detection, development and internal communication of personnel) in order to guarantee the measure and quantity of knowledge necessary for the activities for which he or she is responsible.
- In coordination with the Administration Manager and Activity Managers, identify training needs, provide follow-up and individual training, carry out an evaluation of team members at the end of the mission and lead internal communication initiatives in order to facilitate people's integration and professional development and maximize their capabilities and commitment to MSF's values and project objectives.
- Supervise the material resources of the project made available to the MSF project, in order to guarantee their correct use and their longevity.
- Supervise all orders (medical and logistics) and purchases of the Project, as well as financial indicators, with the support of the capital leaders, in order to guarantee efficiency and detect deviations and their causes in time. Define and periodically update, in close collaboration with the Head of Mission, the Project's security policy and the strategic response to emergencies, reporting any issue of concern, in order to improve risky working conditions and guarantee the full adherence of the staff to security standards and protocols. Manages security in the project, ensuring that all necessary security measures are in place for the safety of MSF staff and its operations.
Education and formation
• Desirable college degree or paramedic diploma
• Desirable title in Project Management or Human Resource Management
English as primary language (B2-C1 level)
Knowledge of French will be an asset
• Essential computer skills (word, excel and internet)
• Strategic vision
• People Management
Work Venue: Where the needs of the project require it
Profits: Monthly remuneration: in the first 12 months, the bonus approximate gross monthly is USD $1,500. From the second year remuneration increases based on experience (previous and acquired) and the level of responsibility in the field. Private insurance coverage that includes medical coverage and hospital, temporary disability and life insurance. The organization also has an arranged medical evacuation if necessary. The expenses of stay in the land are covered: housing, basic services, cleaning and washing. Other expenses such as transportation, visas, transfer to the country of destination and Displacements in the field will also be covered by MSF. Per diem or monthly per diem: mainly to cover meals and small personal expenses.
Start: Depending on the needs of the project
Duration: Minimum 6 months
Working day: Full time
***Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English***
The vacancy remains open all year round due to the needs within the Humanitarian Missions
To learn more about life within Humanitarian Missions, we invite you to enter the following link: https://www.msf.mx/proyectos-internacionales