Médicos Sin Fronteras en México A.C.
to work in INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN MISSIONS
To join our team in International Projects
(Minimum availability of 6 months)
*** Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English ***
THIS JOB PROFILE IS IN ENGLISH SINCE THIS IS THE REQUIRED LANGUAGE FOR THE JOB
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Organize and carry out anesthetic medical activities, in accordance with MSF policies and protocols and universal asepsis standards, and in close collaboration with the surgeon and other members of the medical staff; It should also increase the knowledge and practical skills of anesthesia personnel through job training and knowledge transfer, in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients.
- In collaboration with the surgeon, carry out consultations prior to the operation to assess the risks of the operation and provide the patient with the appropriate information; You must also decide the type of anesthetic to use to ensure optimal conditions before surgery. Carry out all activities related to anesthesia during surgery in order to guarantee a safe and suitable anesthesia.
- Prepare in advance the necessary medicines, materials and equipment.
- Administer and maintain the anesthetic following the hygiene and asepsis rules in force.
- Supervise patients during the intervention.
- Ensure the transfer of patients to the recovery room, the complete recovery of consciousness by the patient and the application of the analgesic protocol.
- Together with the surgeon, advise on postoperative care both in the intensive care unit and in the ward, this care may include administration of fluids, oxygen control, airway care, as well as physiotherapy and chest mobilization, with special focus in alleviating the patient's pain during the recovery process.
- Implement and supervise MSF hygiene rules and procedures and protocols in the operating room / recovery, anesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.), in order to guarantee the safety and protection of patients and staff.
- Supervise the pharmacy of the operating room (medicine orders, inventories, expired medicines) and guarantee the record of consumptions, empty narcotic vials, and thus, maintain convenient stocks.
- Ensure the proper operation and maintenance of the operating room equipment (oxygen extractor, ventilation, equipment, etc.)
- Organize the tasks of the personnel under their responsibility, as well as participate and carry out team management activities (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, motivation, internal / external communication, etc.) in order to guarantee that the team is available suitable in terms of size, capabilities and skills.
- Collaborate with other project departments (in response to emergency and accident requests, intervening to provide other support services when required, etc.) and participate in any emergency activities or exploratory missions in order to support the overall project of MSF with its experience and capabilities.
- Guarantee the correct compliance with administrative procedures and documents (filling in patient files, forms, statistics, databases, etc.) and prepare regular reports on the results, processes and problematic cases or situations, to have correct information and updated on the daily activities in the project and offer bases for decision making.
Education and formation
• Essential a Doctor's degree
• Essential a diploma in anesthesiologist specialty (already having it when applying)
English as primary language (B1 or B2 level minimum)
Knowledge of French will be an asset
• Essential computer skills (word, excel and internet)
• People Management
Work Venue: Where the needs of the project require it
Profits: Monthly remuneration: in the first 12 months, the bonus approximate gross monthly is USD $1,500. From the second year remuneration increases based on experience (previous and acquired) and the level of responsibility in the field. Private insurance coverage that includes medical coverage and hospital, temporary disability and life insurance. The organization also has an arranged medical evacuation if necessary. The expenses of stay in the land are covered: housing, basic services, cleaning and washing. Other expenses such as transportation, visas, transfer to the country of destination and Displacements in the field will also be covered by MSF. Per diem or monthly per diem: mainly to cover meals and small personal expenses.
Start: Depending on the needs of the project
Duration: Minimum 6 months
Working day: Full time
HOW TO APPLY
***Please upload your CV and motivation letter in English***
The vacancy remains open all year round due to the needs within the Humanitarian Missions
To learn more about life within Humanitarian Missions, we invite you to enter the following link: