Why we exist...
We believe the most important technologies in the world don’t seek your attention, they work for you, they empower you, and they get out of the way, so you can focus your attention on what matters most.
We believe that everything around you should be simpler, faster, and more seamless - that everything should be frictionless. We believe in a world where you can control everything around you, by simply being present and having technology do the work for you by turning the mundane into the magical. We believe you should be able to experience the world personalized ways rich with your preferences and taste, while staying in control of your data and privacy.
We are creating this world by building your digital Proxy. It’s your preferences, your identities, your ID cards, your wallet, your physical world experience, augmented and represented by a signal emitted from your smartphone that tells the world around you, who you are, what you want, and how you want it.
We exist to empower you with your digital Proxy and to make it universally accessible and infinitely useful to you.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for everything ranging from frontend to backend, and will work closely with our Hardware, Firmware, and Product Engineers to build solutions in a fast, collaborative process. You’ll assume an integral role in technical decisions that define our product strategy and influence the user experience.
At Proxy you will
- Work with Unix based/inspired environments (Linux, BSD, OSX etc.), and developing large software systems
- Work closely with our design team to build beautiful & intuitive product features
- Help to define and maintain our database
- Help to build and define the API for our backend
- Build tools to help improve security, speed, and user engagement
- Collaborate with peers to write, review, and provide feedback on code
Who you are
- You are an individual contributor who has a passion for creating and supporting great products
- You are flexible and willing to learn new technologies, frameworks and languages on the job in a rapid manner
- You thrive in collaborative environments, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- You enjoy and are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, as well as designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues
- You have a solid understanding of software development and programming languages
Required Technical and Professional Experience
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience with at least one Framework and the ability to quickly learn other frameworks on the job
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Strong understanding of web development protocols and security
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
- Track record delivering scalable software projects
- Experience with a build, test, & deploy tools
- Ability to translate mockups into front-end code
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities