Let’s start with why we exist…
We believe the most important technologies in the world don’t seek your attention, they work for you, they empower you, and they get out of the way, so you can focus your attention on what matters most.
We believe that everything around you should be simpler, faster, and more seamless - that everything should be frictionless. We believe in a world where you can control everything around you, by simply being present and having technology do the work for you by turning the mundane into the magical. We believe you should be able to experience the world personalized ways rich with your preferences and taste, while staying in control of your data and privacy.
We are creating this world by building your digital Proxy. It’s your preferences, your identities, your ID cards, your wallet, your physical world experience, augmented and represented by a signal emitted from your smartphone that tells the world around you, who you are, what you want, and how you want it.
We exist to empower you with your digital Proxy and to make it universally accessible and infinitely useful to you.
Why this role exists...
- It’s semi-hybrid, consisting of firmware development for new products as one component, whilst owning firmware automation & end to end system level testing as another component.
- It contributes to new product development for various new projects through firmware enhancements, unit testing and bug fixes (to address technical debt), as well develop and run automated tests under our established test framework.
- You will work on new product development and address technical debt, while also being able to develop and run an automated firmware test suite as part of our release validation and end to end automated compatibility testing.
- Take full ownership for test engineering systems, processes and automation working across multiple company product lines
- Refine our toolchain and documentation
- Provide timely feedback on feature functionality, validity and product defects, while triaging bugs submitted from users and other teammates, verifying issues and gathering additional details.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
- 3+ years in Firmware and/or Test Engineering, as well as 3+ years of experience using embedded processors such as ARM Cortex, Atmel AVR, FreeScale
- Experience with communication protocols and their implementations, including Bluetooth, BLE, USB, SPI, I2C
- Demonstrated commercial firmware development experience ideally involving an RTOS
- Expert in automated testing across multiple platforms and testing techniques, we use pytest and appium
- To work in a cross functional role, where you’ll grow your expertise across multiple areas of engineering, ultimately setting you up to determine which path to take in your career.