Let’s start with why we exist…
We believe the most important technologies in the world don’t seek your attention, they work for you, they empower you, and they get out of the way, so you can focus your attention on what matters most.
We believe that everything around you should be simpler, faster, and more seamless - that everything should be frictionless. We believe in a world where you can control everything around you, by simply being present and having technology do the work for you by turning the mundane into the magical. We believe you should be able to experience the world personalized ways rich with your preferences and taste, while staying in control of your data and privacy.
We are creating this world by building your digital Proxy. It’s your preferences, your identities, your ID cards, your wallet, your physical world experience, augmented and represented by a signal emitted from your smartphone that tells the world around you, who you are, what you want, and how you want it.
We exist to empower you with your digital Proxy and to make it universally accessible and infinitely useful to you.
Why this role exists...
- We are looking for a seasoned Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to own the development and execution of manual, exploratory, and automated tests to ensure our product quality.
- You will be responsible for working across engineering and product to set the strategy around testing and automation as it related to the full product development lifecycle.
- Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications and systems work correctly.
- In 6 month you will be executing test scripts and reviewing results, reports and documenting technical issues;
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback;
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities (different levels of testing, backwards compatibility tests, API tests, use debuggers, tools, etc );
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved;
- And, develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- In 9 months you will be liaising with internal teams (e.g. engineers and PMs) to identify system requirements;
- Monitoring debugging process results and investigating the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions;
- Running the automation rigs;
- Helping to create test plans for our internal and external testers (Alpha/Beta/Early Access Program);
- Performing and documenting risk analysis;
- Taking full ownership for test engineering systems, processes and testing is working across multiple company product lines;
- Working with product to design, develop and maintain functional, regression, integration and end-to-end tests;
- And, triaging bugs submitted from users and other teammates, verifying issues and gathering additional details.
- You have a strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and development cycles for mobile (iOS and Android) and web applications
- Experience growing a team, but you still remain hands on
- You write clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Proven experience writing SQL queries
- You can read and understand technical logs, crash analytics, find bugs, and provide detailed and actionable feedback
- Advanced level experience with Jira
- If you really want to set yourself up for success, you’ll have experience with Xray and TestRail, especially interaction with Xray API
- In addition, experience with testing products that integrate wireless communication technology such as BLE & WiFi
- You will be exposed to our whole technology stack, helping you grow as a QA leader and develop as a technologist.
- Your curiosity will never run dry, and your ability to think creatively will continually be challenged.