Let’s start with why we exist…

We believe the most important technologies in the world don’t seek your attention, they work for you, they empower you, and they get out of the way, so you can focus your attention on what matters most.

We believe that everything around you should be simpler, faster, and more seamless - that everything should be frictionless. We believe in a world where you can control everything around you, by simply being present and having technology do the work for you by turning the mundane into the magical. We believe you should be able to experience the world in personalized ways rich with your preferences and taste, while staying in control of your data and privacy. 

We are creating this world by building your digital Proxy. It’s your preferences, your identities, your ID cards, your wallet, your physical world experience, augmented and represented by a signal emitted from your smartphone that tells the world around you, who you are, what you want, and how you want it.

We exist to empower you with your digital Proxy and to make it universally accessible and infinitely useful to you.

What our CEO is looking for: 

I'm looking for a VP of Products to come and help me take Proxy to the next level.

Things that matter to me:

• I expect you to understand the difference between a good product and a great product. You can look through the cracks to see the opportunities, and you can stitch things together to cease an opportunity and move mountains with it.
  • I expect you to have strong intuition and a sense of instincts that, coupled with data, leads you to a deeper understanding of user and customer needs, so that you can bring solutions to problems most people miss.
  • I expect you to build and lead a product and design team that's super smart, passionate and capable of amazing things. You lead them to victory by designing, building and delivering to market products and experiences people love.
  • I expect you to give a damn. You really care, you do it because you love it and you want to build the best darn product there is and you're willing to go through brick walls and mud pits to get there.
  • I expect you treat people fairly and kindly, while always being direct and honest. You don't hide issues, you bring them to light and address them. You don't mind conflict, if you can get the best out of everyone around you. You're not shy to say, not good enough, you're not shy to say, freak'n amazing.
  • I expect you to have a very high bar and standard that you demand of yourself and your teams. You push back on things that don't meet that bar and you call it out every time. You demand a level of quality in your thinking and in others around you.
  • I expect you to have excellent product judgement in all elements of what it takes to make products successful in the market and for end users.
  • I expect you to have an excellent sense of taste for design, style, elegant solutions and precision of thinking and knowing.
  • I expect you to get the job done, with the limited time and resources you have to work with.
  • I expect you to love what you do and prefer to work with others that love what they do and are really good at it.

Now the obvious stuff:

• You have experience building products from scratch, and taking them to market, successfully.
  • You measure and build teams to measure what matters. Metrics is how you know something works, so you define them and measure them.
  • You can lead teams, you can work well with others, you are self-reliant and self-motivated.
  • Apart from the high-fives now and then, you get the job done with little to no oversight.
  • You can figure it out, you're not dependent on others.
  • You build teams and know how to lead them to create great products.
  • You believe in yourself and others around you.
  • You don't suffer fools and you're repelled by mediocrity.
  • You drive results and focus on the outcomes, while giving clarity and directness on the inputs.
  • You think for the end user and demand an experience users love in everything you touch or lead
  • You attract talented individuals that work hard, are wicked smart, and capable of creating great products people love
  • You are kind, friendly and humble.

All these things, I demand of myself. If we share this in common, we're likely to get along very well.

- Denis Mars, Proxy CEO and Co-Founder

Apply for this Job

* Required