ProviderTrust empowers a safer, smarter healthcare for patients, providers, and payers. Based in Nashville, Tennessee since our launch in 2010, we create powerful solutions to solve complex problems to make healthcare data meaningful and actionable. Our mission is to create a safer healthcare for everyone.
We partner with HR, Compliance, and Provider Operations teams to monitor healthcare populations to identify license, credential, compliance, and payment eligibility issues before they impact patients. We monitor employees, vendors, provider networks, licenses, credentials and more for OIG and state Medicaid exclusions, sanctions or disciplinary actions, license expirations or suspensions and more, continuously verifying everything at the primary source.
Our solutions combine an intuitive user experience with advanced data matching algorithms and seamless integrations to continuously identify and verify compliance issues in the optimal workflow, such as an HRIS or claims processing system.
As the Value Delivery Manager, you will own the process of capturing the real business needs of the customer and internal stakeholder, ensuring they are understood, and solutions are developed that satisfy those needs in a way that maximizes the value of the delivered solution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Product Leadership and internal stakeholders to capture, document, and understand their strategic direction for the whole platform, as well as individual products being developed and to understand commitments, priorities, and delivery expectations
- Work with product management and other project stakeholders to elicit business requirements; collaborate on the development of metrics to determine product success
- Partner closely with Product Managers, Engineering Leads and Product Designers to inspire and motivate the Delivery Teams, keeping the context, goals, and success metrics clear and transparent
- Manage the process of hypothesizing, prioritizing, and documenting solutions
- Create transparency to all levels of the Organization on backlog delivery status and risks by creating and socializing intuitive and simple artifacts
- Support UX research and design activities
- Leverage technical experience to communicate product needs to the development team; able to question/challenge development and QA resources to facilitate constructive brainstorming and solution design
- Work with distributed teams during development & QA to provide guidance and ensure business requirements and functional specifications are met
- Build strong business relationships across functional teams involved in releasing or supporting the solution and ensure a smooth transition of new products and features into production
- Identify, track and help remove impediments adversely affecting delivery expectations
- Deliver consistent, clear, and timely communication (both written and verbal) to Product leadership
- Advise on team resource needs, risks, issues, project scope and contingency plans, while escalating to leadership when appropriate
Suggested Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in Information Technology
- Familiarity with project management principles
- Familiarity with agile development principles
- Familiarity with user experience design principles and methods
- Proficiency in one or more industry-standard prototyping tools (e.g., Invision, Figma, Balsamiq, etc.)
What It's Like to Work Here
At ProviderTrust, we recognize that experience can be built in a number of ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume or your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more. We will champion building a team that embodies empathy, equity, respect, and inclusivity while actively supporting our community, clients, partners, and friends. We value differences of opinions and embrace everyone’s unique perspective. We desire an environment that allows all team members to bring their full selves to work, unashamedly. We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time. ProviderTrust is an equal opportunity employer.
To be great at ProviderTrust, we find our team members have these things in common:
- Gain energy from working in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Decision making that employs a blend of data-driven insights and intuition
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Resilience and positivity, able to address setbacks and bounce back quickly
- Resourcefulness, discovering creative ways to get things done
- Joy in making an immediate and positive impact
- Diverse interests that are welcomed and extend beyond our organization
Things That Make Us A Great Place To Work
- Competitive base salary and incentive package with 401k matching, meaningful equity, HSA employer contribution, and company-paid life and disability insurance
- Free medical, dental, and vision for you; PT pays 100% of your premiums. We also offer access to a range of free mental health and well-being resources.
- Unlimited PTO, 9 paid holidays, and a flexible work schedule
- Internal professional growth, development, and mobility
- Daily all-company morning huddles to sync up across the business
- In-office experience: fully stocked kitchen, ergonomic desk setup, dog-friendly, and lots of celebrations!
- Remote experience: home office set-up with technology provided, remote-friendly meetings and celebrations, and interest-specific Slack channels for connecting across teams
- Fitness stipend, wellness program, and cell phone reimbursement
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal (2015 – 2019)
- Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in the U.S. (2016-2020)