As the world moves to a mobile-first economy, businesses need to modernize how they acquire, engage with and enable consumers. Prove’s phone-centric identity tokenization and passive cryptographic authentication solutions reduce friction, enhance security and privacy across all digital channels, and accelerate revenues while reducing operating expenses and fraud losses. Over 1,000 enterprise customers use Prove’s platform to process 20 billion customer requests annually across industries, including banking, lending, healthcare, gaming, crypto, e-commerce, marketplaces, and payments. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
Prove is driving the future of digital identity. We are looking for Provers who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly, and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smart but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans, and we’re excited about the future. If this sounds like the place for you – come join our team!
This Principal Engineer will enter Prove at a critical inflection point in its growth trajectory. You will make a huge impact as a key technical leader within Prove's engineering team, playing a critical role in bringing new and innovative products to market. There is an immense market opportunity in front of us. You will have executive leadership visibility as you help define and execute the technical direction for the engineering team.
What You Are Accountable For
- Be a major contributor to technical strategy and execution for a global software engineering team including onshore and offshore software engineers.
- Bridge the gap between making critical hands-on technical contributions and making effective business decisions.
- Lead design and architecture for new and existing software components.
- Lead architecture reviews, identify risks and advocate for simplicity of design and for cohesive APIs.
- Lead by example in implementing solutions that scale well and do not require manual maintenance.
- Take end-to-end ownership of new code from prototype to production.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
- Work directly with the Product organization to understand and refine requirements.
- Help set and maintain a high standard for engineering practices within the team.
- Participate as a member of the senior technical leadership team to help shape company strategy, culture and operations.
What We Require
- 10+ years experience building high volume data-driven SaaS systems with many users.
- 5 or more years experience as an architect or other technical leadership role.
- Expert-level development experience in multiple coding languages and software stacks.
- Track record of designing and building major components of a large scale SaaS solution.
- Knack for solving complex problems with simple solutions.
- Solid working knowledge of building systems with proper hygiene around security.
- Solid understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques and multi-threaded programming.
- Excellent communication skills
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. The position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the positions. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
The salary range for this role is $200,000-$250,000 Additional compensation will also include a company bonus / commission plan. Offered salary will be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, geographic location and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Benefits & Perks for FTE Provers:
- Competitive salaries & Bonus Plan (for eligible roles) and Equity Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & Match
- Comprehensive medical benefits for you and your family ❤️
- Emotional & Physical Wellness – Access to wellness services (EAP, Gympass, Prove Well-Being Reimbursement)
- Unlimited Vacation and Flexible hours
- Professional Development Coaching via Bravely
- Healthy lunches catered and bottomless snacks & beverages for all office locations
- 12 paid holidays for all global employees 📅
- A great place to work and connect with other talented Provers like yourself!