Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem. Selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of complicated SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with AI. We provide a solution that modernizes distributors' sales efforts. And in doing so, we help distributors better serve their customers.
Our company is in hyper-growth mode. We've had significant year-over-year revenue growth, and we just raised a $20M Series A backed by Felicis Ventures (investors in Twitch, Shopify, Opendoor, and many others) and Battery Ventures. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton.ai team.
Proton is seeking a Senior Manager, People Operations to join our team at an exciting time. Reporting to the COO, the Senior Manager, People Operations will partner with leadership on our People strategy, lead and design initiatives that support our team, create a culture that reflects and amplifies our values, and help us scale during this exciting period of growth.
We are seeking a strategic leader who has prior experience building from the ground up in an early stage, high-growth tech company. Our ideal candidate is someone who considers themselves a business person first, and an HR person second and is capable of pivoting between high-level strategic thinking and vision setting and being the executor with a high level of accountability and a strong bias for action.
What you'll do:
- Build and lead our People Ops team
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management regarding key organizational and management issues, while anticipating and leading the change required to scale
- Provide expertise, guidance, and coaching to leaders to support their development as effective leaders for the organization and around people management challenges and processes
- Oversee and build scalable frameworks and processes for the following: HR operations & infrastructure, performance management, learning & development, employee engagement, HR compliance, and total rewards
- Evaluate and optimize existing HR systems and processes and implement new systems and processes that move the organization forward
- Leverage metrics & analytics to inform and measure success and influence change
- Maintain the HRIS; coordinate with Finance on the delivery of payroll (US and International), benefits administration (including 401k plan compliance); and manage the vendor relationships for benefits providers
- Partner with finance to develop a compensation strategy that scales with the company
- Champion Proton's culture and values
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Prior experience leading the People strategy in an early stage, high-growth tech company
- Extensive people management skills--knowledge of how to coach people, and put them in a position to do their best work.
- You enjoy the entrepreneurial pace and thrive in an environment where you can drive impact through creating structure and establishing operational excellence to support business scalability.
- A bias towards ownership and action. We love folks that are excited to take on lots of problems and implement efficient solutions--even if those solutions aren't perfect.
- The ability to use data and evidence to drive decisions
- Superb communication skills to help drive clarity and alignment within the company
- HR certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR) preferred
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options - we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Flexible Schedule - we think high levels of autonomy, responsibility and working asynchronously foster an amazing workplace.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays - we even have tools implemented to detect burnout to make sure folks recharge regularly.
- 401k with Employer Contribution (US only, for now!) - we know work isn’t forever, so we contribute up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- $450 Quarterly Remote Working Stipend - to iterate and upgrade your WFH setup, cover cell phone/internet bills or even to go towards Coworking space!
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave - that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Biannual Company Paid Off-sites - time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.