Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem. Selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of complicated SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with AI. We provide a solution that modernizes distributors' sales efforts. And in doing so, we help distributors better serve their customers.
Our company is in hyper-growth mode. We've had significant year-over-year revenue growth, and we just raised a $20M Series A backed by Felicis Ventures (investors in Twitch, Shopify, Opendoor, and many others) and Battery Ventures. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton.ai team.
Proton is seeking a Director of Demand Generation & Field Marketing to join our team at an exciting time.
The Director of Demand Generation & Field Marketing will own the global strategy and execution of our demand generation programs. Reporting to the CRO and working closely with cross-functional teams, you'll design, plan, manage, and optimize integrated demand generation strategies to generate pipeline.
We’re looking for a B2B experienced leader who has a strong track record of building high-performing teams and hitting aggressive targets in a rapid and high-growth startup environment. Our ideal candidate is someone who can easily pivot between high-level strategic thinking and vision setting while also being the executor with an eye on the details in a scrappy startup environment. This is a career-defining opportunity to have a direct, hands-on impact on the growth and expansion of Proton as we disrupt the $7 trillion distribution market.
We're a remote-first company and hire people from around the world. For this role, we are looking for someone based in the US due to the potential amount of travel required and the majority of our customers being based in the US.
What you'll do:
- Grow and manage high-performing Demand Generation, BDR and Field Marketing teams
- Set strategy and oversee the execution of all top of the funnel, pipeline building and field marketing efforts
- Develop scalable demand generation campaigns
- Lead and assess pipeline health, marketing processes, and identify key challenges and priorities and drive team performance towards goals
- Establish OKRs (objectives and key results), track and manage demand generation performance, and make data-informed decisions related to ongoing optimizations
- Partner with our Product Marketing on developing a content strategy that compels buyers at every stage of the buyer journey and engages them throughout their lifecycle
- Collaborate cross-functionally across marketing, sales, operations, partnerships, and product teams. Maintain a feedback loop with other departments, i.e. sales and product marketing, to optimize lead generation campaigns
- Oversee marketing and demand generation budgets and track spending to understand and improve customer acquisition costs
- Measure and optimize marketing programs to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and demonstrate ROI
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Prior experience within an early-stage startup environment (Seed round through Series B or greater)
- Experience owning both the strategy and execution of the marketing function with a track record of driving massive user growth at a B2B SaaS platform
- A track record of hitting aggressive growth goals leveraging a diverse set of channels and tactics
- Ability to be strategic as well as hands-on and tactical
- A sense of urgency in how you operate – you can roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to produce results
- A collaborative approach in working with Revenue teams (sales, business development) to develop and execute effective marketing tools and campaigns
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects simultaneously
- Experience building and leading teams in a fast-growth startup environment
- A love of data and using it to make informed decisions while demonstrating measurable results
- Proficient with Sales Engagement solutions, e.g. Outreach or Salesloft
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options - we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Flexible Schedule - we think high levels of autonomy, responsibility and working asynchronously foster an amazing workplace.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays - we even have tools implemented to detect burnout to make sure folks recharge regularly.
- 401k with Employer Contribution (US only, for now!) - we know work isn’t forever, so we contribute up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- $450 Quarterly Remote Working Stipend - to iterate and upgrade your WFH setup, cover cell phone/internet bills or even to go towards Coworking space!
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave - that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Biannual Company Paid Off-sites - time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.