Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem. Selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of complicated SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with AI. We provide a solution that modernizes distributors' sales efforts. And in doing so, we help distributors better serve their customers.
Our company is in hyper-growth mode. We've had significant year-over-year revenue growth, and we just raised a $20M Series A backed by Felicis Ventures (investors in Twitch, Shopify, Opendoor, and many others) and Battery Ventures. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton.ai team.
As part of the Proton Customer Engineering team, the Project Manager will own the facilitation of Proton projects’ efforts and be responsible for maintaining strong customer relationships. This role will oversee all project functions including but not limited to kickoff meetings, requirements gathering, design reviews, integration support, solution documentation, after-action reviews, and training. For each project, the Project Manager will indirectly oversee a team of one or more engineers supporting the integration of the client’s data with Proton AI’s software, while maintaining accountability to SoW requirements.
We're a remote-first company and hire people from around the world. Our working hours are flexible, however all our customers are currently US based and that requires some core working hours to be in alignment with US time zones. For this role we are looking for someone based in the US for logistical reasons.
The salary range for this role is $100,000-$130,000. Final offers will be based on your skills and previous experience.
What you'll do:
- Maintain resourcing requirements and understand resource availability & allocation
- Manage timesheets related to projects
- Maintain project budget, timeline, quality, and compliance with Proton project management standards
- Develop detailed project plans that indicate key milestones and activities
- Maintain the scope of a project and identify tasks that are out of scope based on the project statement of work (SoW)
- Escalate issues that may result in negative financial or customer relationship impact
- Ensure supporting project documentation is submitted in a timely manner
- Manage service engagements including interactions with the customer project team, technical analysts, and client stakeholders
- Host weekly project stakeholder meetings and drive initiatives to meet project goals
- Manage the delivery of project reporting for stakeholders to include burndown, RAG, and weekly status reports
- Contribute to the continuous review and build-out of project delivery standards and processes
- Define and develop metrics to measure key indicators including value, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Ensure customer expectations are met as identified in the statement of work
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 4+ years of experience in delivering customer-facing projects
- 4+ years of experience with task tracking or project management tools such as Asana or Jira
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical, budgeting, interpersonal, and organization skills required
- Strong desire to learn and contribute
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience managing a project through the full life cycle
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects across multiple clients and stakeholders
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options - we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Flexible Schedule - we think high levels of autonomy, responsibility and working asynchronously foster an amazing workplace.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays - we even have tools implemented to detect burnout to make sure folks recharge regularly.
- 401k with Employer Contribution (US only, for now!) - we know work isn’t forever, so we contribute up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- $450 Quarterly Remote Working Stipend - to iterate and upgrade your WFH setup, cover cell phone/internet bills or even to go towards Coworking space!
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave - that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Biannual Company Paid Off-sites - time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.