Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem. Selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of complicated SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with AI. We provide a solution that modernizes distributors' sales efforts. And in doing so, we help distributors better serve their customers.
Our company is in hyper-growth mode. We've had significant year-over-year revenue growth, and we just raised a $20M Series A backed by Felicis Ventures (investors in Twitch, Shopify, Opendoor, and many others) and Battery Ventures. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton.ai team.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to work with customers who have adopted Proton’s AI technology to help drive adoption and engagement. You will be an early member of Proton's Customer Success team, helping us shape the strategy of how we engage with and provide value to our customers. As the face and voice of Proton, you will build credibility as an advisor and connector, ensuring customers continue to get value out of their investment.
This is a full-time, fully-remote position, with occasional paid travel to in-person meetups. For this hire, we are looking for someone located in North America for logistical reasons. Our working hours are flexible, while our customers are currently US-based and that requires core working hours to be in alignment with US time zones. Salary: $85,000-$100,000k base ($100 - $125 OTE, uncapped commissions) based on experience. Expected travel: 4+ times per year to visit customer accounts.
What you’ll do:
- Drive engagement and adoption: Focus on increasing customer value. Analyze adoption metrics, develop engagement plans, and share product updates. Drive cadence meetings and business reviews to deepen our customer understanding.
- Develop relationships: Become multi-threaded within accounts, ensuring each level from user to CEO understands the benefits and results of using Proton. Be the main point of contact for customers for ongoing questions and engagement.
- Collaborate internally: Showcase the customer voice internally, working with product to provide feature feedback and marketing to highlight customer stories. Learn our product to be able to understand how it fits into the customer workflow and the value it can create.
- Focus on the customer experience: Share feedback, learnings and trends to improve how we go to market and support our current and future customers.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Analytics mindset: You can find trends in data (whether you pull through a system or have to manually consolidate) that lead you to make decisions or suggestions
- Ability to efficiently prioritize: Working with customers of various sizes, you ensure no one gets left behind while keeping momentum on larger initiatives.
- Relationship development and communication: Creates internal and external relationships to drive a customer voice.
- Ownership: Shows a "say-do" approach - when something falls under your responsibility, you see it through to completion
- Collaboration: Seeks to understand other stakeholder goals and build bridges between customer asks and other's priorities.
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options - we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Flexible Schedule - we think high levels of autonomy, responsibility and working asynchronously foster an amazing workplace.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays - we even have tools implemented to detect burnout to make sure folks recharge regularly.
- 401k with Employer Contribution (US only, for now!) - we know work isn’t forever, so we contribute up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- $450 Quarterly Remote Working Stipend - to iterate and upgrade your WFH setup, cover cell phone/internet bills or even to go towards Coworking space!
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave - that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Biannual Company Paid Off-sites - time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.
Our Hiring Process
You may notice we hire a little differently. During screening and interviewing, we only ask questions directly related to the work you will be doing. Candidates enjoy our hiring process and tell us that the questions we ask make sense, plus they get to showcase their abilities. We also know the confidence gap can get in the way of great candidates putting their hats in the ring. So please don’t hesitate to apply—we’d love to hear from you.