Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem. Selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of complicated SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with artificial intelligence (AI). We provide a solution that modernizes distributors' sales efforts. And in doing so, we help distributors better serve their customers.
Our company is in hyper-growth mode. We've had significant year-over-year revenue growth, and recently raised a $20M Series A backed by Felicis Ventures (investors in Twitch, Shopify, Opendoor, and many others) and Battery Ventures. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton.ai team.
Proton’s Core Values:
- Blow our customers’ minds
- Think big, start small
- Own your results
- Be open
- One team
We're looking for a Regional Sales Director to join the Proton Sales team who has successfully led teams to exceed quota. You'll lead, motivate, and coach a regional team of Account Executives (AE), helping them achieve their exciting revenue goals. This is a high-growth startup environment, and you will be a foundational member of our organization. If you like career defining adventures, this is a great opportunity for you.
As the Regional Sales Director, you will work with revenue leadership, customer success, sales engineering, HR and recruiting, and our ROI team to build the case for Proton with prospect and customer stakeholders. Your job will include working with AEs on forecasting, account planning, sales discovery, presentations and demos, contract negotiations and closure, all while learning about our client’s business requirements in order to achieve net new revenue closure.
We're a remote-first company and hire people from around the world. Our working hours are flexible; however, all our customers are currently US based and that requires some core working hours to be in alignment with US time zones. For this role we are looking for someone based in the US for logistical reasons.
The target salary range for this role is $260,000 - $280,000 OTE (60/40 split). Final offers will be based on your skills and previous experience.
What you'll do:
- In the Regional Sales Director role, you will report to Proton’s Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), with a focus on managing and building out a regional sales team of Account Executives (AE).
- As needed, you will be responsible for hiring, managing, and training a team of AEs in order to achieve their targets. (Much of the team is already in place)
- Lead pipeline forecasting and account reviews and identify areas for improvement.
- Optimize our sales processes to make them more repeatable, shorten sales cycle length, and increase win rates. Roll-up your sleeves and have fun closing! Coach your sales team with continuous sales enrichment and industry training.
- Laser focus on Proton’s quarterly and annual revenue goals, while helping AEs exceed their quotas.
- Collaborate with the CRO and leadership team on forecasting, deals, product roadmap, and our go-to-market strategy
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- You have a track record of consistent success, with 2+ years of leadership experience in software/SaaS sales
- People management, self-awareness, and leadership expertise are most critical.
- A winning attitude with a focus on results.
- A track record of exceeding sales targets managing a B2B SaaS sales team.
- Success in building sales strategies and processes in coordination with executive leadership.
- Comfortable using data to drive sales and management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of common sales tools like Salesforce, Gong, Guru, Outreach, ZoomInfo.
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options - we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Flexible Schedule - we think high levels of autonomy, responsibility and working asynchronously foster an amazing workplace.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays - we even have tools implemented to detect burnout to make sure folks recharge regularly.
- 401k with Employer Contribution (US only, for now!) - we know work isn’t forever, so we contribute up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- $450 Quarterly Remote Working Stipend - to iterate and upgrade your WFH setup, cover cell phone/internet bills or even to go towards Coworking space!
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave - that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Biannual Company Paid off-sites - time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.