Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem. Selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with AI. We provide a solution that modernizes distributors' sales efforts. Distributors using our software get a measurable 10X ROI on their investment in Proton.
Our company is in hyper-growth mode. We've had significant year-over-year revenue growth, and we just raised a $20M Series A backed by Felicis Ventures (investors in Twitch, Shopify, Opendoor, and many others) and Battery Ventures. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton.ai team.
We're looking for a strong seller to target opportunities with Proton's mid-market prospects ($50M - $500M in revenue). You'll be able to lean on Proton's amazing results—our software delivers a measurable 10X return on investment, and we already have successful case studies with some of the largest distributors in the country. You'll also be targeting a wide open market—very few distributors have proactive sales intelligence tools today, and there are very few competitors targeting this space.
The ideal candidate for this role is a software sales rep that has successfully managed 5+ figure deal cycles involving C-suite professionals, including some IT stakeholders. We are looking for a track record of consistent success with 2-4 years of quota-carrying experience in high ACV SaaS sales. We want you to feel comfortable and motivated in a high-growth startup environment, as you'll be a foundational member of our expanding sales team. If you’re ready to hop on a fast-moving train, join us for a career-defining adventure.
What you'll do:
- Foster mid-market prospects through the deal cycle from discovery to close, by deeply understanding their pains and identifying solutions for their specific business needs.
- Sell C-level executives on organization-wide change. Proton isn't the kind of software you buy and then forget about—it's the central tool for transforming a distribution sales organization.
- Build and manage a robust sales pipeline, through a mix of inbound and outbound leads (you will have the support of a BDR and marketing team, but should still expect to do some prospecting yourself).
- Understand which prospects are serious fits and merit significant sales attention, and which merit a lighter touch.
- Expect moderate travel in a post-COVID world.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Required: 2+ quota-carrying years of technology sales, with best-in-class sales results (top 5% of sellers)
- Experience educating broad audiences (connecting stakeholders from various parts of the buying organization) about modern and complex concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - our sales cycle is accelerated when managed by a consultative, intelligent, and persistent sales rep.
- Curiosity and interest in getting to know B2B distribution. Empathy for our customers drives serious credibility in our industry.
- Experience in a startup environment where you have a high degree of autonomy.
- Demand generation skills - there's no upper limit to your compensation at Proton, so you're encouraged to network and develop relationships in our industry.
We know the confidence gap can get in the way of great candidates putting their hats in the ring. So even if you don't think you perfectly check every box above, we'd still love for you to apply!
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options - we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Flexible Schedule - we think high levels of autonomy, responsibility and working asynchronously foster an amazing workplace.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays - we even have tools implemented to detect burnout to make sure folks recharge regularly.
- 401k with Employer Contribution (US only, for now!) - we know work isn’t forever, so we contribute up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- $450 Quarterly Remote Working Stipend - to iterate and upgrade your WFH setup, cover cell phone/internet bills or even to go towards Coworking space!
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave - that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Biannual Company Paid off-sites - time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.
Our Hiring Process
You may notice we hire a little differently. During screening and interviewing, we only ask questions directly related to the work you will be doing. Candidates enjoy our hiring process and tell us that the questions we ask make sense, plus they get to showcase their abilities.