Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem. Selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with AI. We provide a solution that modernizes distributors' sales efforts. Distributors using our software get a measurable 10X ROI on their investment in Proton.
Our company is in hyper-growth mode. We've had significant year-over-year revenue growth, and we just raised a $20M Series A backed by Felicis Ventures (investors in Twitch, Shopify, Opendoor, and many others) and Battery Ventures. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton.ai team.
We’re looking for an experienced people leader with a strong technical background to lead our Customer Engineering team. The Customer Engineering team supports all technical aspects of the customer journey - including initial technical discovery, implementation, and custom builds. This person must be able to provide team guidance and structure while also having the ability to get into the technical details as needed and act as an escalation point.
This is primarily a management role, where building organizational processes will be paramount. This includes resource and capacity planning, metrics and reporting, creating a strong technical handoff from pre to post-sales, career development, identifying areas for efficiency, and capturing value.
What you'll do:
- Team process: Manage, maintain and optimize team process for gathering initial client technical requirements and implementation, creating a scalable approach. Focus on shortening time to value for customers.
- Customer advocate: Support team working on existing integrations with Proton clients. Help align expectations with new clients. Be a customer escalation point.
- Resourcing: Manage team resources for ongoing client projects, including forecasting capacity and establishing a hiring strategy. Develop processes and review tools to shorten integration timing. Help unblock and get existing integrations moving.
- Team development: Build training processes for new engineers and services staff. Support team members on career growth.
- Internal communication: Work with internal teams and departments to establish bidirectional communication and alignment with your team.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- A focus for the customer: You thrive in a client-facing context and focus on delivering value to the customer.
- Technical skills: As a technical expert, you’ll need to have the ability to understand and discuss various architectures and solutions and how those impact the customer experience and success.
- Organization and resourcing skills: As a leader of a professional services team, you’ll be overseeing the delivery of solutions for multiple enterprise clients in parallel, so being able to organize, schedule and forecast work will be critical for the success of your team.
- Growth Mindset: You understand that this stage company is about creating scalable processes - but also about being flexible. You seek to evolve decisions and directions as needed, learning from experience and feedback.
- Autonomous Motivation: You take ownership of your own work, and thrive when given creative freedom. You help push the status quo to improve our processes and customer experience.
We know the confidence gap can get in the way of great candidates putting their hats in the ring. So even if you don't think you perfectly check every box above, we'd still love for you to apply!
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options - we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Flexible Schedule - we think high levels of autonomy, responsibility and working asynchronously foster an amazing workplace.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays - we even have tools implemented to detect burnout to make sure folks recharge regularly.
- 401k with Employer Contribution (US only, for now!) - we know work isn’t forever, so we contribute up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- $450 Quarterly Remote Working Stipend - to iterate and upgrade your WFH setup, cover cell phone/internet bills or even to go towards Coworking space!
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave - that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Biannual Company Paid off-sites - time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.
Our Hiring Process
You may notice we hire a little differently. During screening and interviewing, we only ask questions directly related to the work you will be doing. Candidates enjoy our hiring process and tell us that the questions we ask make sense, plus they get to showcase their abilities