Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem. Selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of complicated SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with AI. We provide a solution that modernizes distributors' sales efforts. And in doing so, we help distributors better serve their customers.
Our company is in hyper growth mode. We’ve grown >6X YoY. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton.ai team.
At Proton.ai, we've got a product that adds value and a big vision for becoming the core sales system for distributors. We are looking to bring on an experienced Head of Customer Success who can execute our vision and scale our post-sale customer team. In this role, you will be responsible for the health of our customer relationships--from onboarding through ongoing use, renewals, and expansion.
We’ve proven out a land-and-expand model that drives significant revenue growth post-sale (think >160% net retention!). You will be tasked with scaling this success and expanding Proton’s footprint with our clients to encompass more users and channels.
What you'll do:
- Hire, coach and develop our expanding team (comprising account management, customer success, and client engineering) and create a high performing, accountable, fun team culture
- Set, track, and achieve revenue targets for account upsell and cross-sell
- Own and build upon our customer success strategy, including playbooks, knowledge hubs, and success plans that onboard, nurture, and expand relationships
- Define and report on customer account health metrics with an eye to ensuring their satisfaction and ultimate renewal
- Oversee initiatives to streamline the onboarding and technical integration experience and get our clients using Proton as quickly as possible
- Work closely with other key functions, including Product and Sales, to plan and execute customer marketing, retention, and value driving initiatives.
- Gather, synthesize, and distill product feedback to influence our feature roadmap and prioritization.
You'll be great fit for this role if you have:
- A strong grasp of customer success and account management best practices (e.g., how to scale onboardings, how to support new feature rollouts, how to maximize renewals and expansions, etc.), and an ability to put those best practices into action
- Exceptional management and mentorship skills, and a passion for coaching people
- Experience managing a quota-carrying sales team
- Excellent communication and the ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation, and verbal formats
- Empathy for our customers, and ability to understand and prioritize their needs
- Experience working cross-functionally and a capacity to effectively collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams
Experience that may be helpful:
- Experience building and leading a world-class team to managing relationships with enterprise customers.
- Experience in customer-facing roles supporting a technical product requiring data integration.
- Experience in a rapidly growing early stage startup environment
We know the confidence gap can get in the way of great candidates putting their hats in the ring. So please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you, even if you don't check every box above.
This is a full-time remote position: Competitive salary, plus equity, health benefits (we pay 99%), 401k and a generous vacation policy.