Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. Despite its prominence, this is an industry that is vastly under-served by technology. As a result, it’s tough for distributors to grow and modernize their businesses. That’s why Proton exists. We provide an AI-powered sales enablement platform that actually helps distributors grow and stay competitive in an ever-evolving B2B selling environment.
Our company is in hyper growth mode. We’ve grown >6X YoY. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton team.
We're looking for our foundational marketing leader - a strategic Director of Demand Generation to help us build one of the best marketing teams in enterprise SaaS. This is a critical role that will report to Jill, our VP of Sales, and will drive all demand generation related priorities.
The goal of Proton’s marketing team is to help B2B distributors understand how an AI-powered sales enablement platform can drive transformational growth. This budding team will have a huge impact on our trajectory. We’ve proven the efficacy of various marketing strategies already - including generating educational content, building strategic partnerships, participating in events like webinars and roundtables, and more. The future leader of this team believes that data-driven, iterative marketing can be a driver of exponential growth.
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain the roadmap for Proton’s marketing, including a roadmap for hiring and a roadmap for marketing initiatives/activities.
- Find top talent to join our team, and design or effectively delegate the hiring and onboarding process for each marketing role.
- Be the direct line of support and coaching for a group of Individual Contributors. You will maximize leverage from each individual, and manage attainment of objectives (at the team and individual level).
- Be a data-driven detective so we can figure out where we should invest our resources and marketing budget.
- Constantly reinforce a culture of experimentation on your team. Think big, start small.
- Build and maintain a master reporting dashboard. Use this as a compass for decision making and communicating insights with internal teams.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- B2B Marketing leadership experience--you’ve managed and scaled a fast-growing marketing team.
- Extensive people management skills--knowledge of how to coach people, and put them in a position to do their best work.
- Demand generation experience--familiarity and experience generating sales pipeline through top of funnel marketing initiatives.
- A bias towards building muscles in-house--sharpening internal skills and systems over outsourcing.
- A systems-based mindset--you find optimal solutions and figure out how to make them scalable.
- The ability to use data and evidence to drive decision making and iterate on strategy.
Experience that may be helpful:
- Experience managing content, partnerships and/or demand generation marketers
- Experience in-house at a fast-growing Series A/ B tech startup
We know the confidence gap can get in the way of great candidates putting their hats in the ring. So even if you don't think you perfectly check every box above, we'd still love for you to apply!
This is a full-time position, either in our Boston office or remote. Competitive $180K salary, plus equity, health insurance, 401k, and a generous vacation policy.