Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem: selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of complicated SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with AI. We provide a solution that modernizes distributors' sales efforts. And in doing so, we help distributors better serve their customers.
Our company is in hyper growth mode. We’ve grown >6X YoY. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton.ai team.
We're looking for our first Head of People to help us build one of the best teams in enterprise SaaS. This is a critical role that will report directly to our COO and drive all People-related priorities, including overseeing recruiting and creating a great environment to work in for our existing team. We're looking for a true strategic leader who believes HR can be a legitimate competitive advantage.
Our company is growing incredibly fast--we've more than doubled to 30 team members since the start of the year, and hope to hire another 100 team members by the end of next year. It's a critical time for us to implement smart People policies and initiatives, and we're incredibly excited for this leader to drive that effort!
What you'll do:
- Build and lead our People Ops team, including HR and recruiting. and a People Ops coordinator
- Manage a team of multiple recruiters and set overall hiring strategy, to ensure we hire a strong, diverse team
- Own Proton's broader People policies and initiatives, and act as a resource to managers across the organization
- Create an onboarding experience that both new employees and their managers love
- Foster a culture of continuous performance improvement and professional development among all employees (including owning formal reviews, informal feedback processes, promotion processes, and learning and development budget)
- Drive best-in-class employee satisfaction and retention
- Set up a compensation and benefits policy that is clear, fair, and compelling to great candidates
- Ensure compliance with all HR laws and best practices, including across borders
- Champion Proton's culture and values
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Extensive people management skills--knowledge of how to coach people, and put them in a position to do their best work.
- A broad process and systems orientation--when you see a problem, you think about how to implement a system to prevent that problem in a future.
- A bias towards ownership and action. We love folks that are excited to take on lots of problems and implement efficient solutions--even if those solutions aren't perfect.
- The ability to use data and evidence to drive decisions
- Superb communication skills to help drive clarity and alignment within the company.
Experience that may be helpful:
- People Ops/ HR leadership or management
- Recruiting/ Talent Acquisition leadership or management
- Experience at a fast-growing Series A/ B tech startup
- Experience managing teams
We know the confidence gap can get in the way of great candidates putting their hats in the ring. So even if you don't think you perfectly check every box above, we'd still love for you to apply!
This is a full-time position, either in our Boston office or remote. Competitive salary, plus equity, health insurance, 401k, and a generous vacation policy.
Questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org -- I'd love to hear from you!