About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs is a research and development laboratory that has built and scaled multiple projects that have made great contributions to the web3 ecosystem. To fuel our next phase of growth, we’ve created a new team — Network Services — to provide services and capabilities that our projects and the broader ecosystem can leverage, including design, video, events, operations, content, IT, and more.
About the Protocol Labs Network
The Protocol Labs Network (PLN) is a community of open source teams, projects, and organizations focused on researching, developing, and deploying network protocols to improve humanity’s most influential technology, the Internet. The groups are supported by Protocol Labs (PL) through grants and investments – think of it as a VC + crypto fund model – and are built on top of PL’s layer 0 and layer 1 protocols, such as IPFS, IPLD, Filecoin, libp2p, etc. As this ecosystem grows, these projects invest in the network itself, and the network grows along with it, which in turn benefits and incentivizes this ongoing evolution of Web2 to Web3. PLN is made up of 450+ projects, companies, and organizations.
As the Network Engagement Program Manager, you’ll play a critical role in strengthening and growing the PL community. You’ll work with 150+ founders and teams across the network to understand their needs, then develop programs to support and help them grow. Your role will span a wide range of activities, including content creation and marketing, event production, products and systems, operations, and more.
If you’re passionate about building communities, empowering developers, improving the web, and helping game-changing technologies succeed, we’d love to hear from you.
As Network Engagement Program Manager at Protocol Labs, your team will…
- Develop a deep understanding of the web3 space and needs of the Protocol Labs Network, then synthesize and share your findings with network teams
- Onboard founders and teams onto the network, and connect them with resources and expertise to help them scale.
- Organize conferences, meetups, and events to foster collaboration and connection across the network.
- Develop web3 products, systems, and tools to facilitate network connectivity and solve common problems (e.g., network directory, etc.).
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing and content strategy to grow our audience and highlight teams in the network.
- Build processes and systems to gather feedback and track the impact of our programs, then devise ways to improve them.
You may be a fit for this role if you...
- Have 10-15 years relevant experience in developer-focused community
- Have a keen understanding of different developers’ and users’ needs, wills, and cultures, especially in open source or web3. They should love interacting with you and hearing from you, and you should have a genuine concern for their professional success.
- Have excellent communication skills with a talent for bringing together cross-functional teams for large projects
- Get a kick out of leveraging first principle thinking to achieve great results
- Pride yourself in being a self-starter, thriving even without much direction.
- A rigorous, process-driven work style backed by an ability to communicate effectively.
- Handle both complexity and ambiguity well.
- You have experience building scalable developer communities.
- Ability to thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with open source communities / projects
- Experience with distributed orgs
- Technical or developer experience
The base pay for this position currently ranges from $270,000 to $312,000, plus cryptocurrency, equity, and opportunities for upside through performance rewards in cryptocurrency and equity. The base pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience, skills, abilities, training, and education. We also have a great benefits package, including parental and other forms of leave, contributions to your retirement, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide competitive health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.