About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (web3, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
- Define and run developer existing & new community programs for Bacalhau. Use data and insights to drive key developer outreach decisions. Explore how to best leverage acquisition channels and execute community growth campaigns
- Build strategic relationships with the developer community. Create and engage in conversations with the community online. Respond to queries, ensure audience engagement and social media channels are fully maximized - Pitch ideas on improving our community members’ experience.
- Experiment with various audiences, messages, and platforms to bring in our first developer community and begin to build toward exponential growth
- Identify and nurture community advocates, and give them the resources they need to help support their community with our technologies.
- Developing, conducting, and maintaining market research. Collect feedback from external sources, developers, and internal teams to help inform efforts across the channels developers trust and frequent.
- Schedule and deliver recurrent informative and engaging content on Developer Relations campaigns across multiple channels. Help carry out Developer Relations events and meet with professional developers to build relationships and gain an excellent understanding of developer needs
- Own the Developer Relations Team's content calendar and help coordinate events
- Help in researching, developing, and delivering an integrated marketing strategy (including branding, online, PR, and social media) to support the developer funnel
- Identifying, negotiating, and managing suitable partnerships for Bacalhau, including promotional opportunities and events like conferences, hackathons, summits, and working with online influencers
- Anything else that helps bring our project to the world and gets feedback from actual users
Ideal candidates will have...
- Extremely strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with developer community management (e.g., event/conferences, meetup groups, online community. etc.), and developer marketing.
- Ideally, you already have some knowledge of the blockchain ecosystem and/or experience collaborating with the web3 community.
- You have experience developing a brand and brand voice in an early-stage or growth-stage startup environment as a lead or primary contributor
- You're excited about an early stage environment that is fast-paced, minimally structured, and built around individual responsibility and autonomy
- Commitment to building an open, diverse, and inclusive developer community
- Proficiency in evaluating Developer Relations analytics through Slack, Forums, and Github.
- Enjoys meeting people and have networking skills
- Experience with creating highly technical content, tutorials, and blogs.
- Experience speaking at conferences, developer summits, or virtual events.
- Experience working in or managing open-source software communities.
- Experience teaching, writing, or hosting workshops.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.