About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- Experienced with open source software and the maintenance of open source repositories.
- Expert knowledge of Linux, including familiarity with UNIX system calls, and low-level O/S, storage and networking protocols.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel internals
- Troubleshooting skills across hardware, O/S, network, and storage
- Ability to write robust, maintainable scripts in bash or sh.
- Passionate about modern DevOps tools and practices including Git
- Experience in the development lifecycle, software automation, continuous deployment & integration
- Knowledge of building and managing containers.
- Proficient in Go, Python or Rust
- Proficient in one scripting language
- Bonus: experience with Linux server provisioning process
- Bonus: experience with configuration management and CMDB
- Bonus: experience with kernel bypass, FPGA, or another novel high-performance specialty
In this role you will be responsible for...
- Continue to develop their expertise of using and maintaining open source software
- Seek to understand Filecoin/IPFS/libP2P and how it applies to the distributed peer to peer web
- Apply their understanding of Linux to the benefit of the Filecoin ecosystem
- Actively improve processes
- Become the go-to person for issues related around Linux
- Develop junior and senior people through various career stages with regular 1-on-1s, feedback, and performance reviews
- Participate as a technical skill evaluator on interview loops
- Self-motivated, fast learning, and will figure out how to get ambiguous tasks done
- Staying organized
- Staying detail oriented
- Caring about people
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.