About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
As a member of the Ecosystem Growth team, you’ll scope, lead and manage initiatives that help grow Filecoin storage providers in Asia , with an initial focus in China. Your work will span multiple areas, including business development, process improvement, project management, analytics, and more. In this role, you will work closely with the Ecosystem team’s leadership to structure and solve complex problems, then drive solutions forward across the organization.
- Connect with and develop relationships with current and potential Asia storage providers to understand their needs.
- Scope, develop, and lead initiatives to support storage provider growth by connecting them with lending programs, developer support, local resources and capabilities, and more.
- Collaborate with storage providers to amplify ecosystem growth through marketing, community, developer, and other initiatives.
- Build and scale processes and systems for supporting storage providers.
- Implement dashboards, reporting, systems, and tooling to enhance team operations and effectiveness.
You may be a fit for this role if you...
- Are based in Singapore or elsewhere in Asia, and can communicate natively in Mandarin Chinese.
- Have experience with scalable and distributed infrastructure technologies (e.g. storage, compute, networking).
- Have channel, alliances or partner development experience and know how to bring emerging technologies to market
- Enterprise go-to-market experience
- Have experience as a founder or have a track record of building out early stage startups, especially in the web3 space.
- Get a kick out of aligning first principles thinking, research and data insights to achieve great results.
- Have strong problem solving, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Handle both complexity and ambiguity well.
- Pride yourself in being a self-starter, thriving even without much direction.
- Have a rigorous, process-driven work style backed by an ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience with Web3 or open source communities / projects.
- Experience with distributed/remote orgs.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.