About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
Filecoin, a decentralized storage network to store humanity's most valuable information, is one of the most promising projects of Web 3.0. In the year since its launch, over 17 exabytes of storage have been pledged to the Filecoin network, which is proven and verified by each node operator every single day. As we look forward, many challenges remain to be solved such as continuing to scale the network, allowing user programmability through the addition of a Virtual Machine, and implementing cutting-edge ideas coming from the latest in cryptographic research.
One such challenge is the reliable, performant and economic retrieval of content from Filecoin. Filecoin Saturn is an initiative to build a decentralized content delivery network (CDN) for Filecoin. We're seeking Senior Full Stack Engineers, experienced in web and application development, to join the Filecoin Saturn team.
We particularly value experience independently designing and implementing significant components of complex systems, and the execution focus and discipline to carry projects to completion. Experience leading strong open source communities and/or contributing to other Web3 projects will be very highly regarded, as well as experience working on low-latency engineering projects.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Protocol Labs, you will...
- Build the next generation of applications on top of projects like libp2p, IPFS and Filecoin as well as Filecoin Saturn.
- Create or maintain software libraries and programs depended on by other systems and applications
- Participate in the design and implementation of performant and resilient distributed applications.
- Develop solutions to hard problems in low-trust systems.
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including engineering, design, community, product, and business.
- Engage and educate the community, from users to contributors.
- Lead and develop more junior engineers, and provide guidance and review for open source contributors around the world.
You may be a fit for this role if you have....
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing and building Electron Applications.
- A strong technical design ability informed by broad experience across multiple domains/specialties.
- Leadership experience building and maintaining large-scale systems in production.
- Literacy with cryptographic principles and practices.
- Proven track record of independently driving projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- A keen awareness of teamwork, process, and patterns of successful collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building applications in Go, Rust or similar languages.
- Experience leading open source projects, and/or guiding their communities
- Security engineering and/or cryptography principles and practices
- Large-scale systems (especially networking, performance, storage, or reliability engineering)
- Experience building a CDN
- Experience working with IPFS, IPLD, libp2p
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.