About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
Engineering at Protocol Labs is not just about writing world-class code. We create software systems that tackle significant challenges. In re-decentralizing the web, we work on hundreds of open source projects pursuing everything from research to end-user products. Developer Experience at Protocol Labs is focused on growing and nurturing the community around those projects, in order to advance the broader decentralized web movement. Community engineers at Protocol Labs engage both with the technical pieces that make up our systems, and the communities that make them run.
This role is focused on the Filecoin Project (filecoin.io), a decentralized network for data storage, with built-in economic incentives and cryptographic proofs to ensure data is stored reliably over time. As a Solutions Architect, Outercore for Filecoin, you will be helping new users, miners, and developers become oriented, and clearing hurdles for them to adopt Filecoin for the storage layer of their system.
As a Solutions Architect, Outercore at Protocol Labs, you will...
- Onboard new contributors, users, miners, and developers in the Filecoin community.
- Foster a friendly and supportive environment on Slack, Matrix, WeChat and other project forums.
- Address both conceptual and technical troubleshooting questions from community members seeking to run Filecoin, design applications, integrate into existing services, mine Filecoin by offering storage, and more.
- Identify hurdles to user onboarding, and collaborate with the project team to discuss and prioritize related improvements.
- Contribute documentation improvements based on community needs.
You don’t need experience in 100% of these responsibilities, and we’d like to hear about your unique perspective on this role. Tell us about what you can bring!
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- Familiarity with peer-to-peer, decentralized, or blockchain technologies.
- A passion for helping others learn.
- Strong written communication skills in short form, medium form, and long form.
- Experience as a developer or researcher on complex technical topics, or with developer relations or developer support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Experience speaking at conferences, developer summits, or virtual events.
- Experience working in or managing open source software communities.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.