About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
What is PLN Launchpad?
PLN Launchpad is a six-week, full-time onboarding program designed to train, develop, and match technical talent at scale with opportunities in Web3 across the Protocol Labs Network (PLN).
Launchpad aims to help accelerate non-Web3 talent into this new frontier and help web3-savvy contributors quickly ramp up their InterPlanetary web3 knowledge, grow strong PL Network community bonds, and find their best-fit role in the PL Network.
Currently, we hiring Software Engineers and Startup Operators into the Launchpad Program:
- Software Engineer: https://boards.greenhouse.io/protocollabs/jobs/4366933004
- Startup Operator: https://boards.greenhouse.io/protocollabs/jobs/4370216004
What is the program structure?
- 6 week cohort-based program
- 1 in-person colocated week for cohort bonding & community
- 50% learning talks + videos | 50% hands-on development (bug fixing + personal projects)
- 1:1 mentorship from core protocol stewards to support participants as they complete the curriculum and match with PLN companies
- Live access to Filecoin, IPFS, & libp2p experts as trainers, lecturers, and mentors
What will I achieve if I complete the program?
- A clear understanding of the vision, open challenges, and diverse teams across the PL Network
- A deep-dive on each of IPFS, libp2p, IPLD, Filecoin, & the web3 dev tools built on them - facilitated by core devs and protocol stewards
- Support landing multiple OSS contributions to core protocols and tooling, guided by a senior mentor within the PLN
- A personal project that highlights your interests and learning, prototyping potential role matches now or in the future
- Strong community bonds with mentors, facilitators, and fellow cohort members
- A role fit within the PLN that excites, fuels, and challenges you every day!
Do I have to pay for this program?
- No - technical talent selected for Launchpad will receive a full-time salary during the program and have all expenses covered. The salary will be based on a candidate’s experience and technical performance in our interview process.
How do I know if I would be a good candidate for Launchpad?
- Launchpad accepts a range of experience profiles - from highly experienced operators and developers looking to break into web3, to recent masters/PhD graduates looking to kickstart their web3 career.
- Launchpad candidates should either:
- Have a strong engineering background in a relevant technical domain (distributed systems, networking, data structures, production engineering/benchmarking, productivity tools development, distributed devops, etc)
- Have a strong startup operations or technical program management background with experience spinning up new 0-1 projects in a high-growth environment
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.