Marketing & Growth Lead, Prosus Product & Growth Team
As part of the Prosus Group’s Global Operations team, reporting to its SVP Product & Growth, you will provide world-class guidance, thought leadership, and M&A support in the area of marketing and growth to Prosus’s corporate leadership and diverse portfolio of leading companies to drive outstanding impact and business results.
- Advise marketing and growth teams within Prosus operating companies on high-ROI customer acquisition strategies and identify opportunities to improve their performance, processes, and critical business metrics.
- Serve as the senior-most expert and thought leader on the Prosus corporate team in marketing/growth best practices, including an up-to-the-minute understanding of online and offline marketing channels, tools, services, and trends. Partner with Prosus investment teams on new deal analysis and due diligence.
- Build trust and credibility with CEOs, founders, marketers, and analysts from market-leading companies from across the globe.
- Internalize B2C, and B2B customer needs and use that knowledge to develop breakthrough growth tactics.
- Manage a backlog of high-impact projects according to clear corporate priorities and value-building criteria.
- Define, track, and report on key business, industry, and competitor success metrics.
- Live the excitement of the fast-changing, global technology space and discover ways to unlock points of competitive differentiation.
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in marketing, growth, and/or customer experience roles in high-growth mobile/web companies.
- At least 5 years of experience managing teams of other marketers and an active thought leader;
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and relentless attention to operating and usage metrics;
- Hands-on experience managing campaigns to drive user acquisition and retention across major marketing/growth channels (e.g., SEO, SEM, social, affiliates, ATL/offline, etc.);
- Proven ability to translate poorly-defined business problems into actionable growth plans;
- Results-oriented ability to get things done in a fluid start-up environment with limited resources or information;
- A positive approach to collaborating across functions/departments;
- Ability to move quickly between high-level strategic thinking and take-charge management of day-to-day details; Equally comfortable with seeing the “big picture” and meticulously thinking through every detail of project execution;
- Solid written & verbal communication skills in English and experience interacting with and influencing C-level/senior executives. Other languages a plus.
- Experience working effectively in and across diverse cultures is a definite plus.
- Previous entrepreneurial or marketing/growth leadership experience in web and mobile commerce, online marketplaces, online content, or online payments is a plus.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or similar field required; MBA and/or advanced Engineering/CS degrees a plus.
Location/Travel: The role will be based in Amsterdam, Bangalore, or San Francisco and may involve up to 30% international travel (once post-pandemic conditions allow for safe corporate travel).
Prosus is a global consumer internet group and one of the largest technology investors in the world. Operating and investing globally in markets with long-term growth potential, Prosus builds leading consumer internet companies that empower people and enrich communities.
The group is focused on building meaningful businesses in the online classifieds, food delivery, payments and fintech, and education technology sectors in markets including India, Russia, and Brazil. Through its ventures team, Prosus invests in areas including health, logistics, blockchain, and social commerce. Prosus actively seeks new opportunities to partner with exceptional entrepreneurs who are using technology to improve people’s everyday lives.
Every day, millions of people use the products and services of companies that Prosus has invested in, acquired or built, including: Avito, Brainly, BUX, BYJU'S, Bykea, Codecademy, DappRadar, DeHaat, dott, ElasticRun, eMAG, Eruditus, Honor, iFood, Klar, LazyPay, letgo, Meesho, Movile, OLX, PayU, Quick Ride, Red_Dot, Remitly, Republic, Shipper, Similarweb, Skillsoft, SoloLearn, Swiggy, and Udemy.
Hundreds of millions of people have made the platforms of Prosus’s associates a part of their daily lives. For listed companies where we have an interest, please see: Tencent, Mail.ru, Trip.com Group Limited, and Delivery Hero.
Today, Prosus companies and associates help improve the lives of around a fifth of the world's population. Prosus has a primary listing on Euronext Amsterdam (AEX:PRX) and secondary listings on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (XJSE:PRX) and a2X Markets (PRX.AJ). Prosus is majority-owned by Naspers. For more information, please visit www.prosus.com.