Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region. A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey. The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
Engineering Manager - DevOps
We seek an experienced Engineering Manager - DevOps to oversee our existing hybrid platforms, architecture, and governance standards. The Engineering Manager - DevOps will lead a team of engineers to support AWS-bound solutions that will support all engineering initiatives. It will be a position where you can apply your knowledge of best practices that will bring efficiencies to our organisation.
Your application will be looked on favourably if you have experience migrating monoliths to microservices in the cloud (ideally AWS).
Lead high-performing DevOps engineering teams designed to build and manage enterprise-wide infrastructure, pipelines, and governance policies.
- Lead the DevOps team and establish processes, standards, and tooling to enable continuous delivery of software
- Work closely with developers and product managers to understand business needs and set appropriate SLAs
- Monitor systems health, quickly resolve incidents, and build self-healing infrastructure
- Ensuring high availability of resources in multi-region deployments
- Automate provisioning, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of infrastructure
- Implement practices like infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, and more
- Continuously improve architecture for scalability, reliability, performance and security
- Evangelise DevOps culture and practices across the engineering organisation
- Identify opportunities to optimise and consolidate platforms and tools to maximise value
- Ensure all supplier agreements meet necessary standards for security, compliance and business continuity
- Promote DevOps toolchain integration where possible to avoid siloed point solutions
- Maintain responsibility for supplier management, governance and performance reviews
- Guide technical decisions on service design, architecture patterns, infrastructure design and technology choices.
- Recruit and manage engineers across multiple sub-teams; promote collaboration, knowledge sharing and technical excellence.
- Partner with product managers and stakeholders to translate business requirements into infrastructure solutions
- Optimise performance, scalability, reuse, and self-service access by applying AWS PaaS best practices.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies and introduce innovative ideas to provide additional business value
- Monitor system performance and infrastructure health; oversee improvements over time.
- Develop principles, standards, policies and governance protocols.
- Demonstrate experience managing DevOps squads with deep hands-on technical expertise
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GitLab, Circleci, etc.), container orchestration (Kubernetes, EKS), and IaC (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience with monitoring stacks (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK), log aggregation, and correlation
- Strong scripting skills (Bash, Python, Go) to automate operational tasks
- Experience migrating monoliths to microservices in the cloud (ideally AWS)
- Passion for developing people, building inclusive teams, and coaching
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer certification
- Extensive hands-on experience with AWS services including EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups, VPC, IAM, S3, CloudFront, Route 53, RDS, EKS, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudTrail
- Ability to apply AWS's well-architected framework and best practices for security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimisation
- Experience implementing AWS solutions for continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, monitoring, and log aggregation
- Knowledge of AWS compute, network, storage, database, analytics, application integration, security, and management tools
- Capability to perform complex migrations to the AWS environment and refactor legacy architectures
- Strong understanding of AWS shared responsibility model and best practices for securing cloud resources
- Experience architecting fault-tolerant systems on AWS to achieve high availability at scale
- Leadership experience managing high-performing engineering teams
- Excellent communication, collaboration and stakeholder management acumen
- Knowledge of data governance, security, privacy and compliance protocols
Other Favorable Capabilities:
- Experience with our core technologies like Golang, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.
- Familiarity with domain-driven design and developing reliable, scalable APIs
- Knowledge of security and compliance best practices (PCI, HIPAA, SOC2, etc.)
- Agile mindset and experience working closely with developers
- Strong communication, collaboration, and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with schema design, database optimisation and performance tuning
- Passion for staying updated on technological advancements in the field