Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region. A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey. The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
Property Finder offers a host of solutions for the customers and end users:
At our core, we offer the most comprehensive real estate listing database to people in the region and aspire to improve everyone’s property journey with technology.
We then match the property seekers with real estate professionals (our clients) effectively operating a marketplace adding value to both sides of the journey. We also offer value added products to our clients like a real estate CRM platform among others.
Thanks to our wide market coverage and leading position, Property Finder has the best real estate data in the region. This data is opening new avenues for the company now, for example we are publishing the official Real Estate index (Mo’Asher) for Dubai, in partnership with the government.
We have many exciting growth avenues ahead of us. The next few years will definitely be an exciting rocketship journey for us at Property Finder.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate HR Business Partner to be based in Istanbul, Turkey!
Manages and participates in the details of the day-to-day responsibilities of Human Resources and leads end to end talent acquisition for Turkey. Identifies problems and proposes solutions, working closely with local VP Engineering and local Engineering Leads/Managers in conjunction with HRBP in UAE. Participates in the development, coordination, implementation and administering of personnel policies, procedures and programs which address: employment process, employee benefits, affirmative action, employee relations, and record management. Conducts local trainings in conjunction with HRBP UAE. You will be responsible for managing one HR colleague (Office Manager) in this position.
- Understands the Labor Law of Turkey very well and acts as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Ensure a complete personnel file and required employment documentation for all employees in compliance with the labor law.
- Counsels’ management and staff on personnel related issues such as discipline, terminations, personality conflicts, job transfers, policy interpretation, and other sensitive issues.
- Ensures the adequate and timely communication to staff on personnel related issues (i.e. staffing changes, benefit issues, changes in policy and procedures, and other relevant areas).
- Holds staff meetings and conducts training sessions as needed.
- Maintain communication and relationship with a local law firm regarding legal processes when needed.
- Manages the full end to end recruitment cycle for all Turkey based positions.
- Report dotted line to VP Talent Acquisition
- Partner closely with VP's of Engineering on all hiring needs and challenges related to Turkey
- Partner with HRBP UAE on all hiring needs and challenges
- Manage CRM Project
- Maintain talent pools of candidates
- Run event open days / University bootcamp
- Partner with Local Universities to establish and maintain relationships
- Partner with Head of Employer Branding on local video shoots and Employee Value Proposition (EVP) initiatives.
- Partners with Country Engineering Leads/Managers to understand and execute the organization's human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Escalates to HRBP UAE any risk cases or concerns while conducting regular 1:1’s with all 60+ local employees.
- Promotes a professional, positive, and supportive work environment.
- Work closely with the Central Culture team, to come up with initiatives and drive a great working culture.
- Work closely with the Turkey team and the Dubai team to create a shared culture within the challenges of remote working conditions.
Payroll & Benefits:
- Runs Payroll in conjunction with our external payroll partner ensuring accuracy and punctuality each month.
- Work closely with the local broker regarding the coverage of private health insurance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law in Turkey.
- Gather Turkish salary / comp & ben competitor intelligence and share with Total Rewards team
- Organise and manage local events in country including but not limited to;
-Quarterly All hands meetings
-All office meet-up’s
-Team building activities
-Annual Office anniversary party
-Hello Summer Party
-Happy New Year Party
-Special Days Gifts (Mother’s Day & Father’s Day & Women’s Day)
-Create and execute local cultural calendar
-Manage local event budget planning and vendor management / relationships
- 6+ years of experience as HR Generalist with background in Talent Acquisition
- Business Partnering experience, in managerial capacity.
Skills & Behaviors:
- Leadership skills & Business Partnering
- High level of communication & organization skills
- Strategic thinking, influence & driving results
- Fluent English, and Turkish, written, communication and spoken.
Property Finder Principals:
- Move fast and make things happen
- Data beats opinions
- Don’t confuse activity with results
- Failure is success if we learn from it
- People over pixels
(Please note that our Turkey colleagues work in a remote-first environment, where colleagues are free to come to office once or twice per week, in Istanbul, where it's mandatory for company events and team meetings. The expectation for the HRBP is that you have the flexibility to come to our shared office spaces in Istanbul when required, especially to onboard and meet new joiners and work in close collaboration with our office manager).