Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region. A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey. The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
- The Head of Commercial Finance Senior will work closely with all the departments across the company & the region to provide financial forecasting analysis that is accurate and easy to understand.
- Role will provide visibility into the sales & commercial cost structure of the company/region (countries) and the sales opportunities to allow decision-makers to maximize profit and capture markets opportunities to support Property Finder to be the market leader across all the markets.
- The role will provide the Management / Country Mangers & Group Property finder with all the required financial studies from commercial business cases & business plans to ensure the return on investments and support the companies to take the right investment decisions required.
- The role will be tracking & measuring on a regular basis (monthly, quarterly & annual) the actual performance of the company and any deviation from the plans & targets.
- Role will be responsible for credit controls & collection and ensuring process is done accordance to the company’s policies.
Finance commercial Business Partnering
Support and work closely with the Countries Managers, Head of Commercial Finance & Group CRO by generating accurate Financials insights & business support & measure commercial KPI’s to maximise sales & revenue, capture market opportunities support the company to be the market leader across all the markets.
- Provide strong studied financial commercial business cases & business plans to ensure the return on investments and support the companies to take the right investment decisions.
- Integrate Financial analysis & commercial KPI’s to generate accurate reporting for the Group.
- Provide general business insights, understanding the markets providing macroeconomics analysis, competitive analysis & its impact on the business.
- Leading and support in the commercial initiatives, including pricing & new products development.
Business Performance and Planning
Analyse revenue movements between the different types of customers and geographies to understand growth drivers across the group. Help designing an automated system of reports to capture the required information to be provided to internal and external stakeholders.
- Revenue KPIs are accurately embedded in the forecast and planning cycle.
- Ensure that actionable insights are embedded in the financial planning process and reflected in the strategic plans.
- The Finance and Executive teams have regular visibility of performance against these key levers and can take timely actions to rectify underperformance.
- Synthesize data from databases and collaborate cross-functionally across Product, Marketing, Accounting, and Business Intelligence (among other teams) to understand relationships between key drivers of our business.
- Provide guidance to business stakeholders on what data to capture, how to map data needs to business questions, and how to prioritize analysis work. Assist the management Intelligence in producing and distributing performance forecasting information across all products and services
Budget & Forecasting
- Producing models to project long term growth, determining what impacting business factors fill have
- Analyzing competitors, market trends and providing associated commentary for the leadership team
- Utilizing BI tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance
- Analyzing financial & operational results to develop & demonstrate a strong understanding of business performance
- Communicating results and recommendations to senior management for innovations that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining of operations
- Provide insights to senior management around financial modeling, forecasts, and profitability
Product and Credits & Collection Controls
Support the Chief Product Officer and Product Team to understand features tracking and analysis, including projecting financial returns
- Integrate with project management to drive value to add decisions surrounding capital spent
- Provide general business case support and forecasting for new product initiatives.
- Responsible for credit controls & collection and ensuring process is done accordance to the company’s policies and help in generating positive cash flow reducing bad debts the reflects on strengthen our cash flow position
Automation of Processes
Be an advocate of automation in the Finance function to generate efficiencies and improves processes across the company.
From 8 to 10 years of experience in FP&A, Strategic Finance, Commercial Finance roles with a great skillset to manage senior stakeholder and perform complex analysis that helps the organization make investment decisions.
Skills & Behaviors of Successful Candidates
● Leadership skills & Business Partnering
● High level of communication & negotiation skills
● Strategic thinking, influence & driving results
● High degree in Finance & masters studies is a boost
● Be exceptionally well presented and structured in your approach
● Fluent English, written and spoken, is essential, Arabic is desired, any other languages will be a boost