Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region. A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey. The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
- The senior legal counsel is accountable for legal matters and regulatory affairs that are relevant to, and that have an impact on, a technology company operating in the real estate sector across the MENA region. This role in based at our Dubai HQ and reports directly to the General Counsel.
- Ensures that the Company is in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures, including but not limited to general corporate and commercial laws, data protection, intellectual property, licensing, and corporate compliance.
- Provides subject matter expertise, anticipates and identifies legal issues, and counsels stakeholders across the business in order to execute legal solutions, including but not limited to situations involving clients, public relations, financial risk or other significant risks, and with limited time for assessing alternatives.
- Drafts and reviews contracts, leases, and other legal documents, including the legal research of issues and recommendations for revisions as necessary.
- Capable of coaching junior lawyers, paralegals, members of the collections team, and managing outside counsel.
- Provides training to internal stakeholders on various legal issues that may impact their functions of the business.
- Capable of taking ownership of certain deliverables and requirements that have an impact on the business.
- Manages ad hoc projects and/or tasks as assigned by the General Counsel.