Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region. A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey. The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
Being in a rapid growth stage, our Tech Hub in Turkey is a strategic investment to scale our product & tech talent. We are actively looking for passionate and talented individuals in product, tech and design to extend our Tech Hub capabilities. Diversity and great talents meet at Property Finder and is a big part of a great culture.
We are looking for incredibly talented Backend Developers to join our development team here at Property Finder. We believe in nurturing your talent and we encourage creativity and autonomy where you are free to grow and develop your career in a fun, forward thinking and positive environment.
Being a member of our B2C Tribe, this is an opportunity work on products that are exposed to millions of end users, where you can make an impact. We focus quite a lot on creating maintainable codebase as well as scalability and reliability of our consumer facing services.
We expect our developers to be passionate about new technologies and think of creative ways that they could benefit our business. If you are passionate about working with technologies like PHP - Symfony, Go, Typescript - Node.js, ElasticSearch in an end to end AWS environment, then this role is for you.
We are big proponents of Agile development methods with small cross-functional teams fully empowered to take an idea from inception and to be able to deliver it fully tested into production with minimal outside disruptions. Therefore, you will need to be able to work well with other roles in your team and be able to contribute meaningful ideas on how to best achieve your objectives and key results.
- In a large tech department (multiple tribes), formed by smaller teams (squads), you’ll be in charge of developing new features, as well as refactoring existing projects.
- Work on our B2C Growth projects that involve Technical SEO, MarTech integrations as well as several conversion improvement initiatives.
- Implement maintainable and scalable code. Take part in improving our technical delivery practices, via working in cross-team initiatives.
- Help the team continuously evolve via reflecting your opinions and experience in planning, grooming and retrospective sessions.
- Strong in PHP 7 (Note that we are reducing our PHP footprint with Golang & Node.js - we'd like you to join us in this effort)
- Experience working with MVC Frameworks, such as Zend or Symfony
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Object Oriented Programming and design pattern skills
- Comfortable working with MySQL / Doctrine 2, MongoDB
- REST web services
- Git / Github
- Computer Science (or similar) education
- Golang, Node.js
- Comfortable working with testing frameworks
- Message Queuing / RabbitMQ
- Memcached or Redis
What you can expect from us
- Competitive USD net salary
- Food and Transportation aid
- Private Health Insurance
- Annual leave that you can use without completing your first year
- Parental and paid military leave beyond what you expect
- Remote-first working approach with occasional team meetups
- Online Courses
- Top-notch tech equipment.
- Employee referral program
- English speaking and multinational work environment.