Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region. A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey. The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
Manages and controls the accounting responsibilities in statutory country environment and manages and advises the business on all direct and indirect tax, and transfer pricing matters relating to Property Finder.
- Managing legal entity accounting and supporting the finance organization in all accounting and financial matters.
- Hosting and performance management of the accounting related platforms within a country.
- Ensuring compliance with accounting principles and procedures and with local statutory requirements.
- Supporting/advising business in all financial related matters.
- Manage and coordinate Shared Service Centre resources and external service providers supporting QA/BH/KSA legal entities.
- Ensuring financial processes are followed and continuously improved to achieve high reporting accuracy and efficiency.
- As process owner supports the business through deployment of finance related process, concepts, and best practices.
- Support the competency development of the finance organization related to financial processes and policies in cooperation with country Finance Managers.
- Plan and manage implementation and optimization of Property Finder’s tax processes and positions to minimize risk and ensure compliance with all relevant transfer pricing legislation and regulations.
- Advise on tax implications for new business initiatives and review intercompany transactions to ensure compliance with all relevant tax legislation and regulations.
- Manage all tax filings, audits and communication with relevant tax authorities.
- Manage and advise on all matters relating to transfer pricing in Property Finder.
- Manage, prepare, update and enforce transfer pricing policies and documents in accordance with changes to business structure and ensure compliance with all relevant transfer pricing legislation and regulations.
- B.Sc. or equivalent degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting
- 15+ years accounting, business controlling and tax compliance experience in the region. Ideally previous shared service implementation/management experience. Genuine interest utilizing and developing financial processes, policies and systems and acting as a liaison between operational finance and departments responsible for system development.
- Good command of spoken and written English, as well as excellent communication skills. Service-minded, have a great will to succeed, and you work equally well alone or as a team.
- Positive attitude to change and challenges
- Strong target orientation