Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region. A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey. The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region.
A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey.
The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
We encourage our people to move fast, be bold and offer them countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization. Our goal is to ensure that our people find their time at Property Finder a rewarding investment where the company’s growth also means personal growth.
Property Finder generates most of its revenues through B2B sales of subscriptions, building on a resilient model of recurrent revenues.
Property Finder offers a host of solutions for the customers and end users:
At our core, we offer the most comprehensive real estate listing database to people in the region and aspire to improve everyone’s property journey with technology.
We then match the property seekers with real estate professionals (our clients) effectively operating a marketplace adding value to both sides of the journey. We also offer value added products to our clients like a real estate CRM platform among others.
Thanks to our wide market coverage and leading position, Property Finder has the best real estate data in the region. This data is opening new avenues for the company now, for example we are publishing the official Real Estate index (Mo’Asher) for Dubai, in partnership with the government.
We have many exciting growth avenues ahead of us. The next few years will definitely be an exciting rocketship journey for us at Property Finder.
This role is one of the key positions of the Engineering leadership team driving the development of our data strategy and tech calibre, with key involvement in a smooth data delivery between our management and across our products at Property Finder. Within the tribe and squad structure the position will be a leader with teams located in an international environment (mainly Dubai and Istanbul) to deliver the best product to our customers.
The position will play the role of a key conduit between the Product Directors, Business Analytics director and the engineering team with the goal of scaling our products. They will carry the direct accountability of our data landscape, business intelligence and to build a single source of true type culture and will be a key leader in shaping our strategy and in defining our data engineering excellence practices as a company.
- As a key leader of the Data Engineering team collaborate and engage with the rest of Engineering leaders to support the overall accuracy of data enabling the delivery of the teams.
- Be a hands on leader who:
- Establish a clear definition, ownership and transformation of each database system
- Implement a vision that will allow the entire Property Finder echo system to make better use of available data including data input, output, layout, ETL, ELT data pipeline.
- Designs, plans, delivers and maintains our live products and infrastructure.
- Identify process bottlenecks execute changes to increase delivery velocity
- Take an active lead on the product roadmap and ensure a smooth data delivery, quality content whilst adhering to the timeline.
- Lead a team composed of Engineer Lead, Business Intelligent (BI) , Devops, Data Scientist to support the entire data landscape infrastructure
- Be the inspirational leader who attracts, develops and retains the best talent within the data engineering team
- 10+ years of data engineering
- 5+ years of team management experience
- Good problem solving and Analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Sizeable database and Ecosystem management
- Experience in provisioning AWS infrastructure (DMS, Kinesis, EMR, RDS, EC2, EKS, ECS)
- Robust SQL, data modeling, and query profiling skills
- Professional knowledge of Python, Pep8, and coding quality and standards.
- Experience with ETL/ELT data pipelines and tools like Airflow, Argo.
- Comfortable with querying different data sources (SQL, NoSQL)
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Snowflake, Snowplow, AWS Cloud provisioning, Tealium, google analytics, Tableau
- Exposure to NoSQL like MongoDB
- Experience in the Real Estate Classified industry is a big plus
Property Finder Principles
- Move fast and make things
- Data beats opinions
- Don’t confuse motion with progress
- Failure is success if we learn from it
- People over pixels