Property Finder is the leading digital real estate platform in the Middle East and North Africa region. A UAE-born startup, Property Finder expanded its operations to Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt over the years. Recently, it acquired a significant stake in Zingat in Turkey. The company is one of the largest technology start-ups in the region and on a journey to becoming a Unicorn. We are aspiring to create a lighthouse technology company which will have a lasting impact in the entire tech ecosystem in our geography.
We are backed by leading investors such as General Atlantic famous for having invested in growth companies such as Facebook, Uber, Alibaba and AirBnB to name a few. With the most recent funding round, the Propertyfinder Group is one of the fastest growing companies in the region.
What you can expect from us
We provide a highly international and collaborative environment, with emphasis on talent and development of employees. Our product teams are truly cross functional - design, engineering, data and product working closely together in building excellent products. This is your opportunity to work with a world class team. Come join us in shaping the future of real estate.
We are looking for incredibly talented Senior Backend Developers to join our development team here at Property Finder. We believe in nurturing your talent and we encourage creativity and autonomy where you are free to grow and develop your career in a fun, forward thinking and positive environment.
As a company, we are very performance oriented and test the performance of all code and database queries, but we always ensure that this does not affect code quality and legibility. We take the time to refactor and rework code when necessary, but we always have the business goals in mind when doing this.
We expect our developers to be passionate about new technologies and think of creative ways that they could benefit our business. We want our developers to stay current with changes in technologies such as PHP, Symfony, Go, TypeScript, ElasticSearch and MongoDb.
We are big proponents of Agile development methods with small cross-functional teams fully empowered to take an idea from inception and to be able to deliver it fully tested into production with minimal outside disruptions. Because of this you will need to be able to work well with others in your team and be able to contribute meaningful ideas on how to best achieve your objectives and key results.
- In a large tech department, divided in smaller teams, you’ll be in charge of developing new features, as well as refactoring existing projects.
- You need to be able to write clean and scalable code.
- You’ll need to be able to participate in brainstorming sessions and to bring your opinion and experience to the table.
- Strong in PHP 7
- Experience working with MVC Frameworks, such as Zend or Symfony
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very strong Object Oriented Programming and design pattern skills
- Very comfortable working with MySQL / Doctrine 2, MongoDB
- REST web services
- Git / Github
- Computer Science (or similar) education
- Comfortable working with testing frameworks
- Message Queuing / RabbitMQ
- Memcached or Redis